cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Switch SRW 2024

Aqeel123456
Level 1
Level 1

I am having hard time managing accounts on my switch. I want to put restricitions on few accounts and assign all rights to others. Can anyone help me figure how to do it ?

Thanks

Aqeel

4 Replies 4

Aqeel123456
Level 1
Level 1

I have also encountered another problem, I am not able to upload a saved configuration files on my switches. Does anyone know how can i save a configuration file from a switch and back it up to other switches so they have same configurations.

Thanks a alot

Aqeel

Well i have figured the process of uplaoding a saved configuration, i wasnt rebooting  the switch after uploading the configuration so it wasnt working by its working now.

However i still couldnt find a way to setup the user accounts, Can anyone please help me learn how to  restricitions on few accounts and assign all rights to others.

Thank You

Aqeel

Hi Aqeel,

Users and passwords can be managed using the Username and Password settings screen on the SRW2024 switch. For more information on how to

assign user rights and password refer the Configuration using the Console Interface section of the SRW2024 Administration Guide.

Dear Ram Kumar,

I was able to create new accounts. I have refered to the link u posted, it only allows you to administer the user names and passwords of those
accessing the Switch.

I want to go a step further and want to assign user rights such as:

User A can only access the switch but cannot make any changes on the switch. e.g. enabling or disabling  ports, lock or unlock ports.

User B can access the swith, this user can make changes to the switch but cannot create a new user or delete an existing user.

User C can do anything he wants on the switch.

I hope I explained myself  better this time,

Thank You

Aqeel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X