cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can LMS 3.2 manage a 3560E with the new cisco SM-ES3-24-P cards installed?

mssnider
Level 1
Level 1

LMS 3.2 on Solaris 10

The 3560E was previously managed by LMS, but I just added a cisco SM-ES3-24-P card into it.

This is a 24 port switch/router module that sits inside a 3945 router.

As of now, LMS considers this a separate device (b/c I added it as a new device) but it's Unknown.

I ran inventory collection on it and the job succeeded. I'm attaching the output from this job.

So it is able to talk to it, but I'm guessing there isn't a device package out there for it yet? I just updated all of the RME device packages about two weeks ago.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Support for this device in RME was added with Cat3560 package 7.4.  Yes, a current MDF would also be required for the proper icon to appear in the device selectors.  Make sure you download and install all available device updates for RME, Common Services, Campus Manager, and DFM and you should have full support for this switch module.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It's my understanding all of these switching modules are supported now.  Post the sysObjectID from this module.

How do I find the sysObjectID? I looked at output from the detailed device report and from an snmp-walk of the device and can't find it.

I've also tried to use the command line, but cannot find the proper command.

Thanks,

I believe it is 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.1053.

FYI...I opened a TAC SR on this and they suggested I check for new Common Services device packages. I applied the two packages listed on the attachment.

I'm not sure which package did the trick, but this device is now recognized via LMS.

Thanks,

Support for this device in RME was added with Cat3560 package 7.4.  Yes, a current MDF would also be required for the proper icon to appear in the device selectors.  Make sure you download and install all available device updates for RME, Common Services, Campus Manager, and DFM and you should have full support for this switch module.

Perfect...I had previously downloaded the Cat3560 device package. I missed the Mdf for Common Services though.

I wasn't really sure what the real fix was and now I can document it.

Thanks for the information.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: