Limit P2P in Global policy

Answered Question
Nov 18th, 2010
User Badges:

HI,

I have defined one global policy (Rate Limit: 40 Mbps) shared for hundreds of users and I'd like to know if I can limit total P2P traffic to 10 Mbps in that global policy. I don´t want to filter P2P traffic by subscriber.

Thanks in advance

Correct Answer by Tom Debruyne about 6 years 8 months ago

Hi Daniel,

Sorry if I was not clear, when I said : "it would require", I meant that it is not possible currently.

I have now checked further and got the confirmation that at the moment you cannot do what you are describing. 

What you can do now is at a subscriber level, for example, limit total BW for subscriber to 4Mbps and inside it, limit P2P to 1Mbps.

Cheers,

Tom

Correct Answer by Tom Debruyne about 6 years 8 months ago

I don't think this is possible, it would require to have global policy as child of an other global policy.

Tom

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Correct Answer
Tom Debruyne Tue, 11/23/2010 - 13:16
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

I don't think this is possible, it would require to have global policy as child of an other global policy.

Tom

daniel.espi Wed, 11/24/2010 - 01:04
User Badges:

Hi Tom,

I don´t know how i can nest global policies. I haven´t found anything about it. Can you help me?

Thanks.

Correct Answer
Tom Debruyne Wed, 11/24/2010 - 02:04
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Hi Daniel,

Sorry if I was not clear, when I said : "it would require", I meant that it is not possible currently.

I have now checked further and got the confirmation that at the moment you cannot do what you are describing. 

What you can do now is at a subscriber level, for example, limit total BW for subscriber to 4Mbps and inside it, limit P2P to 1Mbps.

Cheers,

Tom

daniel.espi Wed, 11/24/2010 - 02:57
User Badges:

Thanks Tom,

I've already understood it. I'll do it limiting by subscriber.

Regards

Actions

This Discussion