PVC2300 Ip Camera - Event Schedule

Unanswered Question
Nov 21st, 2010
User Badges:

Dear everyone and thanks for your help in advance.

My IpCamera: PVC2300

Software Console: Cisco Monitorin System 1.2.0

REASON TO USE THIS CAMERA:

The reason because i bought this camera is that i need the camera to start record as soon as the first employee come into the office in the morning. Also i need the camera to send me an ALERT by mail as soon as the first employee come into the office in the morning

REASON BEYOND THAT:

It is a good way to know at what time employees start to work and also i could monitor what they did and how much time they loose (example to talk of for breakfast) as soon as they come to the office.

EXAMPLE:

The first employee from the Customer Service Team arrive at 10.00. As soon as she open the door i want the camera to send me an ALERT by email with the video and i want the camera to start record, even if is not schedule.

PROBLEMS (ISSUE):

• I enable the trigger Event as you could see by pictures attached but i may choose ONLY 15 minutes Interval before detecting the next event. I need longer than that. Otherwise, if an employee come to the office and start to work cointinuosly, i will receive an alert every 15 minutes.
  • Also, i don't know where to setup the fuction "Start to record as soon as someone come to the office or Start to record as soon as the motion detection system detect something"
  • What does it mean is in the trigger event SMB/CIFS?

SOUNDS PROBLEM:

• Attached you will find another file front-11212010-181732.avi .This video is recorded by one of the camera. The office is close and there is absolutately no rumors, sound, noise, clatter inside or outside the office. If you try to listen to the video my question is: It is possibile that the microphone of the camera produce this noise??

I hope been speficic on my question, if i wasn't please do ask more question, i need to find solution at these matters ASAP

Regards,

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
mpyhala Fri, 11/26/2010 - 21:03
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

Fabio,

PROBLEMS (ISSUE):

• I enable the trigger Event as you could see by pictures attached but i may choose ONLY 15 minutes Interval before detecting the next event. I need longer than that. Otherwise, if an employee come to the office and start to work cointinuosly, i will receive an alert every 15 minutes.

15 minutes is the longest interval available. Maybe you can set up a dedicated email account that receives the alerts and only check it each morning so you will know what time the first employee arrived? Then you can delete all other alerts.

Also, i don't know where to setup the fuction "Start to record as soon as someone come to the office or Start to record as soon as the motion detection system detect something"

• What does it mean is in the trigger event SMB/CIFS?

For this it would be better to use the included software. You can set it up to record whenever there is motion or record continuously based on a schedule. For continuous recording, start the schedule at 9:55am and end it sometime after business hours end. This way you will record the first employee arriving and the last employee leaving.

SMB/CIFS is for sending the motion alert to a computer or Network Attached Storage. Instead of sending a 5 second video or .jpg images to your email address it will be recorded on the hard drive of the computer or NAS.

The sound you are hearing from the recorded video is probably some type of equipment running or air flowing near the microphone. The mic is very sensitive to this type of "white noise" and it is difficult to avoid. I think if you move the camera to another location you will find that the camera is not producing the sound.

Please reply if you need further assistance.