cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Share your expertise --- and get to know your fellow community members (Win an iPad)

Daniel Bruhn
Level 8
Level 8

Cisco Support Community is a place for network technology professionals worldwide.  You post questions, answer those from your fellow community members or read our latest community blog posts.  It’s truly a community.

Why not share a little more about yourself on your profile with the community?   Others would be interested to know what you do at work, what certifications you’ve attained & what domain expertise you bring to the community.  Why not also post a photo of yourself?  As a registered  member of our community, you have full control over your profile page.  Why not take advantage of it?

Cisco Support Community has a new campaign to give you a little nudge.  If you  update your Biography and Expertise fields in your CSC profile before February 17th  2011, your name will be entered into a contest, and you could win one of two Apple iPads.*  (Limit one prize per household.)  We will also be featuring our community’s most creative profiles!

So, update your community profile today!

To participate in the contest, login to CSC, click on “Account” - profile - "Actions" widget - edit profile.

* For complete contest rules

Good luck!

Cisco Support Community

Cheers, Dan
25 Replies 25

burleyman
Level 8
Level 8

Oh sure another contest for Maria to scam on.....

Maria, remember to include your friends on the secret to wining this one...

Dan,

I would put my picture up here but I would be afraid that all of Cisco would crash due to the extremely high volume of women visitors that will surly flock here to gaze on the unedited masculinity and good looks of yours truly "Burleyman" aka "Cross-over cable guy".....just sayin'

Mike

Mike,

I actually took your picture crashing the servers into account.  That is the reason  you only need to update your "bio" and "expertise" to be entered in the contest

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

Thanks Dan for thinking of everything!

Mike

Mike

Oh sure another contest for Maria to scam on.....

your'e not wrong about this. Weirdly Maria updated just about everything in her profile etc. yesterday and then this ipad thing comes out today. Seems like a lot more than just coincidence to me. Mind you, we all know Maria's many talents so it probably wouldn't take much for her to hack into Cisco's computer systems ! I expect to see a pink star next to her name any day now.

By the way, talking of stars, belated congatulatons on gold star

Jon

My God, this thread is so funny!!!

It will take much more for me to win this time. I must find a way to become a legal resident of the USA or Canada before contest ends. I've been reading the rules of the game as usual.

"1. ELIGIBILITY. This Promotion is open to individuals age 18 or older who are legal residents of the fifty United States, D.C. and Canada (excluding Quebec)."

So, yes, Dan has thought pretty much everything this time. I have the entire Atlantic this time between me and the prize and not just 100ms or some multiples of 100ms depending on protocol used. And I will have to find a job in a company not associated with the sponsor. And even then I will have to face the random drawing (which is the easiest part ). And even if I manage to win I will probably not use the prize, 'cause I'm not much of a gadget person.

I also forgot to mention that I am less than 18!

Maria

And even taking all that into consideration how suprised do you think we will be when we find out you are one of the 2 winners. None of the above are showstoppers with your many talents

Jon

"1. ELIGIBILITY. This Promotion is open to individuals age 18 or older who are legal residents of the fifty United States, D.C. and Canada (excluding Quebec)."

Oh nuts.  So how many of those 4500's do I have to "stack" to be able to propel Australia closer to US and Canada?

Jon and Leo are right. I might just use a couple of cretan guns to kindly persuade Dan to give me at least one of the prizes and let formal procedures go. Or both prizes.

A more kind procedure would be me sending my resume to Juniper and hack Cisco's computers afterwards. I bet you won't put that in the news Dan, will you?

Maria,

Contrary to popular belief, I didn't intentionally leave out Greece to exclude you from the contest   Every country has different laws regarding contests, so it's impossible for us to include everyone.  Be assured we'll continue working on ways to include as many members as possible for contests moving forward.

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

Jon,

Ironically, I was thinking the same thing.  I'm wondering if Maria is watching me while I type this message

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

And even taking all that into consideration how suprised do you think we will be when we find out you are one of the 2 winners.

Wrong.  She might be both the winners.  He he he ...

marikakis
Level 7
Level 7

Ok, it took me some time to find a more realistic solution. That would be blackmail of course.

Dan, if by any chance you are thinking of "featuring" my "creative" profile, you need to give me something, 'cause you can't buy me with just stars and leaderboards, etc. Otherwise my "creative" profile will simply disappear!

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Dan,

Pretty cool buddy!

Thanks for making this open to Canada. As there are only a few Canuck's posting here,

I think one of the iPads should be reserved for a Canadian hahahahahahaha!!

I would be very wary of Maria these days, have a look at her Alternate Phone number

info from her Bio;

170 Maria is a Main belt asteroid. It is an S-type asteroid.

It is the namesake of the Maria asteroid family.

It was discovered by J. Perrotin on January 10, 1877. Its orbit was computed by Antonio Abetti, and the asteroid was named after his sister, Maria.

An occultation of a star by Maria was observed from Manitoba, Canada, on June 10, 1997.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/170_Maria

Also, thanks for advising Mike on the "no photo necessary" clause. I am worried that that Cisco.com may

crash if he were to add one, I do think however, that Mike should be encouraged to post a "full audio" clip

of his CSC-Rock Star lyrics

Leo, please be satisfied with the fact that you live in one of the most beautiful countries in the entire world. You

don't need an iPad, just a day at the beach with a full cooler and a Barbie! Cheers!

Jon, please try to keep a close eye on Maria You know all too well that she may be able to trick us all

into believing she has moved to San Francisco. She is a "Master" of disguises and can manipulate Dan quite

easily.

Cheers! And best of luck!

Huff

Rob

Jon, please try to keep a close eye on Maria

I try to but keeping track of all of Maria activities would require the full time attentions of half of Interpol so it's a big ask for just one person

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: