Views
Helpful
Replies

role-based view commands missing from config

dacaprice
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I set up a 2960G with IOS 12.2(44)SE6 and created a role-based view to be used by our helpdesk.  One of the things they need to do is add rules to a MAC ACL on the switch.  I've successfully created a view for them and can include and exclude most commands, however, when I try to include the "commands mac-enacle include all permit" command, I get no syntax error, and there is no line in my configuration reflecting the change. As it stands, from the helpdesk view (named smco) I can get into mac acl configuration mode, but I can't issue any of the sub commands.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  I tried upgraded to 12.2(55)SE and had the same result.

The current configuration for the parser view is as follows:

parser view smco
secret 5 hashed_pw
commands configure include mac access-list extended
commands configure include all mac access-list
commands configure include mac
commands exec include configure terminal
commands exec include configure

7 Replies 7

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Do you see the "mac-enable" keyword after "commands ?"

yjdabear,

No. I only see "mac-enacl" after commands.

My bad. I read "mac-enacle" as "mac-enable". Would the extra "e" at the end be the issue then?

Unfortunately, no.  I "mac-enacl" is my only option begining with "mac" and I am able to enter the command without any errors, the line just does not show up in my config.

When you say "there is no line in my configuration", are you referring to the running- or startup-config?

As far as the inability to run the mac acl subcommands as "smco", is there something along the lines of?

username smco privilege [privilege-level] view smco

After I issue the command "commands mac-enacl include all permit" there is no line in my startup or running configuration that says: "commands mac-enacl include all permit" or anything that closely resembles that.

I've tested with multiple local accounts.  After authenticating, I issue the "enable view smco".

Hi all,

I was wondering if there was anyone else who could offer some insight into this problem or atleast duplicate it.

thanks in advance!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: