cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MOH issue after upgrade to IOS 15.0.1(M4)

mohamedessoufy
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everybody,

After an upgrade of the IOS of a 2811 gateway from 12.4 to 15.0.1(M4), we haven't now the MOH for incoming calls, but when we put on hold a call initaited from the internal that's work.

did you have an idea of my issue please ?

8 Replies 8

Thomas Dominic
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mohamed,

are you playing the MOH from the CUCM or were you playing it from the router flash.

also is it Unicast or Multicast

regards

Thomas

P.S. please rate helpfull posts

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for your answer, the MOH is unicast and playing from the callmanager.

Regards,

Mohamed

Manoj Srinivas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Coud you tell me who is not able to hear MoH? Is it the internal phones or the PSTN? could you also tell me the call flow when the MoH is not working.

Hi,

When an internal IP Phone place a call that receive from external on hold, the PSTN caller don't hear the MOH, but if the it's the internal IP Phone that calls the external phone and place it on hold, the external called can hear the MOH.

call flow when the MOH is not hearing : PSTN --> GW --> CUCM 4.X -->internal IP Phone

Regards,

Mohamed

Hi Mohamed,

does the gateways MRGL have the MOH server???

regards

Thomas

Yes, it is.

Regrads,

Mohamed

lusandi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Mohamed,

Would you confirm me this please:

PSTN --- ( what connection does the PSNT have to your GW ) ---GW ---- ( What protocol is the gateway using to comunicate whit the CUCM ) --- CUCM --- ( complete version ) ---------- IP phone

Thanks,

Luis Sandi

Luis,

Yes i confirm, PSTN --- ( E1 ) ---GW (IOS 15.0.(1)M4)---- ( MGCP ) --- CUCM --- ( 4.2(3)sr2b ) ---------- IP phone.

Regards,

Mohamed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: