Views
Helpful
Replies

CME blocking calls between extensions

remi-reszka
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am trying to configure UC560 to block internal calls to certain extensions, so to speak we have pool of extensions 2040 to 2070 and only one extension 2010 is allowed to place calls to an extension 2069, any other extension must not be able to dial extension 2069. Is it possible to accomplish it with CME? I know you can do it quite easily in CallManager by configuring and manipulating Call Search Spaces but not sure if you can do it with CME or UC560.

Thanks for any suggestions.

6 Replies 6

gmendivi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Remi,

You can configure "Call Blocking" feature on CME:

http://tools.cisco.com/squish/70Ff4

I think you can achieve what you are looking for by using Class of Restriction:

Class of Restriction

Class of restriction (COR) is the capability to deny certain call  attempts based on the incoming and outgoing class of restrictions  provisioned on the dial peers. COR specifies which incoming dial peer  can use which outgoing dial peer to make a call. Each dial peer can be  provisioned with an incoming and an outgoing COR list.

COR functionality provides flexibility in network design by allowing  users to block calls (for example, calls to 900 numbers) and allowing  different restrictions to call attempts from different originators.

Therefore, for CME, you will need to play with dial-peer configurations.

Here you have an example:

http://tools.cisco.com/squish/48631

I hope it helps,

German

dksingh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Pl. try this....

telephony-serv

after-hours block pattern 1 2069  7-24

Then under ephone with DN 2010 configure  after-hours exempt CLI.

Hi Dilip,

Your suggestion sounds good but can only be applied to ephone, not ephone-dn. Can you think of anything else?

Thanks,

Remi

Hello Remi,

Check the example I mentioned regarding Class of Restriction:

http://tools.cisco.com/squish/48631

You can apply those classes of restriction for incoming and/or outgoing calls for each DN:

ephone-dn 1 
corlist incoming user1
corlist outgoing user1

You will need to design the dial-peers in a way that they can reach only
the extensions you want (using regular expressions)

I hope it helps,

German

Hi German,

Sounds really good. I have already CORs in place to restrict outgoing calls through my E1 trunk but I have been struggling to configure dial peers for internal destinations, whatever I configure it looks like the outgoing or incoming calls between internal numbers always prefer system default dial peers even though I test my dial peers with "show dialplan number xxxx" and it looks like the call shoud choose the configured dial peer first.

Would you mind helping me out to prepare this with regular expressions as you suggest? To give me some example how to route and restrict internal to internal calls as I need to.

Many thanks in advance.

Remi

Hi Remi,

The dial-peers which you have configured will not be hit when dialling between internal numbers.Hence i would suggest you to try the following:-

Since you want to block all numbers between 2040 and 2070 from dialling 2069, create a translation rule and profile as follows:-

voice translation-rule 1
rule 1 reject /20[4-7]0/

voice translation-profile REJECT
translate calling 1

Then go to the ephone-dn (which has number 2069) which is automatically created when IP phones register to CME. You can use the command 'show ephone-dn' to help yourself out. (Lets assume for ext 2069 your ephone-dn is 50)

>> ephone-dn  50
     number 2069
     translation-profile incoming REJECT

If the above doesn't work(depending on your IOS) try this:-

>> ephone-dn  50
     number 2069
     translate calling 1

HTH

Regards

Nitesh

PS: Please rate helpful posts

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: