Views
Helpful
Replies

NAC Agent Distribution

thomasandy32
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have updated NAC from 4.7 to 4.8, I wanna distribute Nac agent throughtout the campus on 1000 PC,how can i do it,i have downloaded a nac agent from cisco site nacagentsetup-win-4.8.0.32 Is it right agent patch that i have to distribute ????????????????????

I can distribute through BigFix or Microsoft System Management Server (SMS), DO anybody have a step by step procedure to do that.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Tiago Antunes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Yes, that is the correct agent version, however when you did the upgrade the new agent version is also included.

This means that the easyest way to disctribute the new agent version is using the NAC infrastructure itself, i.e, you can make the agent upgrade mandatory and all clients will need to upgrade the agent version on the next login.

The clients will automatically download the new Agent version from the CAM (Clean Access Manager) and upgrade.

HTH,
Tiago

--

If  this helps you and/or answers your question please mark the question as  "answered" and/or rate it, so other users can easily find it.

Hello Tiagos,

This is the fresh installation for NAC MGR and Server  haven't started deploying agent on user end?? Instead of doing manually on each and every PC i can do through the BigFix or Microsoft System Management Server (SMS), but i m not sure how to do it,

Do microsoft provide any example of such task to deploy agent on 1000 PC.

Thanks

Hi,

Because it is initial deployment, there is another reason to use the automatic method to install the Agent on each PC directly from the CAM.

For it to happen, you only need to configure the CAM login page to "Require use of Agent":

So, then every client that doesn't have the Agent, just needs to open a web browser, it gets redirected to the NAC login page (assuming everything is working fine), and after login, the agent is offered to download and install.

HTH,

Tiago

--

If  this helps you and/or answers your question please mark the question as  "answered" and/or rate it, so other users can easily find it.

Hello Tiagos,

I have 1000 users with very less privileges (not installation privilege), the method u provided should have enough privileges to install the agent.

Is it any method in Windows Server 2003 so that the NAC agent can be push and installed in each and every PC without user interaction.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: