Views
Helpful
Replies

Make Phone Busy

anujnaidu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I have a Cisco phone with two DN's on CCM6.1. Just wondering if youo know how to make the "phone busy" as opposed to "line busy". In other words, if I am on a call on one of the DNs. The second DN should also appear busy to the caller.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers for now.. 

13 Replies 13

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

To my knowledge, It is not possible to do so.

To the person that rated "1" my post above: I would love know why you did.

But I'am afraid you will prefer to hide your unfair, vindictive rating behind the privilege on anonymity, and misusing it.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Anuj,

Just to add to the nice note from Paolo (+5 "P")

In CUCM 7.x you can leverage DND (Do Not Distrurb) it is available in many

IP Phone states

Configuring DND Softkeys

Default softkey templates do not make a DND softkey available. To add a DND softkey, navigate to Device > Phone Settings > Softkey Template, add one to a softkey template in the Softkey Template Configuration window, and associate the template to the device.

Be aware that a DND softkey is available in the following states:

Connected

Connected Conference

Connected Transfer

Off Hook

OffHook with Feature

On Hold

Remote In Use

On Hook

Ring In

Ring Out

Digits After First

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_0_1/ccmfeat/fsdnd.html#wp1073696

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob, thanks for the rating, and your is is a good suggestion, but are you sure that is possible to set DnD for a non-primary DN ?

We know well that in CM is not possible, for example, to CFA a non-primary DN.

Furthermore, what DnD does in CM? OP wants a busy state.

Thanks Rob,

I have DND configured, but it does not offer busy tone to the caller on CCM's. True for CCME though. So, Paolo still gets the +5.

hi anuj,

is this a shared line or a two lines in one phone? if 2 lines then i think you can put value 1 on your device busy trigger in your dn.

--allan--

is this a shared line or a two lines in one phone? if 2 lines then i think you can put value 1 on your device busy trigger in your dn.

As OP clearly explained, what he wants is that when busy on a line, calls to the other line returns busy also.

Your suggestion does not resolve this.

Allan Perocho
Level 1
Level 1

If then, why not put maximum number of calls to 1.

If then, why not put maximum number of calls to 1.

Sorry, but it seems you do not understand the requirement. Please read this thread again and I am sure you will.

Hi Guys,

Paolo is correct. Busy trigger only applies to the DN only. There are two separate DNs on one phone. All I want to do is if I am busy on DN1 then DN2 should should go busy to other callers. In other words one call at a time.

Thanks for trying, and your suggestions so far. much appreciated.

Hi,

Hmm try this as a workaround:

Lets say DN1 is 2000 and DN2 is 2001. Make a translation pattern that converts 2001 to 2000 and configure the busy trigger of DN1 to 1, so when callers dials 2001 and 2000 is in a call there should be the busy tone that you want. If you need to make calls through DN2 you will need to put that DN in a partition different than the one you choose for the translation pattern. Also make sure that the Calling Search Space of the people that can dial DN2 contains the partition of the translation pattern.

Gabriel

Hi Gabriel, nice try!

I want DN 2 to ring as well if phone is free. Your suggestion is great, but I think it is perhaps similar to call forwarding.

Hmm you are right, is similar to a call forward all, tell me something, do you have an IPCC in your environment?

Gabriel.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: