cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Basic Config for C857W just the wireless

PATRICK DUPONT
Level 1
Level 1

I need some help, iam going to have ADSL and want to create a BVI interface with my vlan bridged, i am trying to get the wirless to work in DHCP and it connects but i can not get a IP address can someone please either explain how to do it or put a basic config up for me.. i am wrecking my brian trying to figure this out..

I have tried multipule times with no success i get hte ADSL working but my wireless just does not want to let me connect!!!!!

Thank you

Pat

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post router configuration, then someone will be able to help you.

OK,

Here is my config for my Wireless,as per what i have been reading and know of wireless(Not Cisco) i have left this

wide open for anyone to conntec but yet... Still can not connect to it or get a DHCP address, what am i doing wrng here?

Right now i am not even trying to Bridge(Did a Reset on it)just want to prove out my Wrieless before i

start anything else.

===================================

*Oct 26 02:09:51.035: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface Dot11Radio0, changed state to up

*Oct 26 02:09:51.035: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface Virtual-Dot11Radio0, changed state to down

*Oct 26 02:09:52.035: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Dot11Radio0, changed state to up

*Oct 26 02:09:52.483: %SYS-5-CONFIG_I: Configured from console by cisco on console^Z

857W#

*Oct 26 02:10:21.755: %DOT11-6-FREQ_USED: Interface Dot11Radio0, frequency 2462 selected

857W#

===================================

ip dhcp pool X

import all

network 10.10.10.0 255.255.255.248

default-router 10.10.10.1

lease 0 2

====================================

!

interface Dot11Radio0

no ip address

!

ssid TEST

authentication open

guest-mode

!

speed basic-1.0 basic-2.0 basic-5.5 6.0 9.0 basic-11.0 12.0 18.0 24.0 36.0 48.0 54.0

station-role root

You need to bridge to a BVI or VLAN for wireless to work. You should use a default configuration, or look at examples, there are many.

So from what i am understanding is that i need to have the BVI configured for me to Even connect on a Open Wireless with Cisco?

Mark Yeates
Level 7
Level 7

Here is a sample wireless template. It should help you in configuring wireless on your router.

This has been helpfull thank you, i have found the issue, IOS bug.. thanxs

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco