Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

**********CS ACS 4.2.1 SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD***********************

Hi Guys,

I need to upgrade my current acs 4.2.0 to 4.2.1, multi docs say that i can just download the software from the cisco web site. However, on the cisco web site I found two version non appears to be the correct one.

1. ACS 4.2.1.1.15.3-SW and ACS 4.2.1.1.15.3-clean .When tried to run either one of these version, it presented me a window which warn me that ACS 4.2.0 will be uninstall, if i continue. I even made the mistake of excepting yes, after that I was able to start my acs 4.2 service. Can someone direct me to the link for the upgrade from 4.2.0 to 4.2.1?

Thanks,

Jean Paul

4 Replies 4

Tiago Antunes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Assuming ACS for Windows...

On the Download Software page:

Products > Security > Identity Management > Cisco Secure Access Control Server for Windows > Cisco Secure Access Control Server for Windows 4.2 > 4.2.1.15 > filename "ACS-4.2.1.15-BIN-K9.zip".

This is the base 4.2.1 image (build 15).

Then you have some patches (1,2,3) already availabe:

Acs-4.2.1.15.1-SW.zip

Acs-4.2.1.15.2-SW.zip

Acs-4.2.1.15.3-SW.zip

The files with "Clean" on the name refer to a software to completely uninstall the refered installation package.

Example: ACS-4.2.1.15.3-Clean.zip will uninstall Acs-4.2.1.15.3-SW patch.

HTH,

Tiago

--

If  this helps you and/or answers your question please mark the question as  "answered" and/or rate it, so other users can easily find it.

Tiago,

We have the same scenario. We are trying to get upgraded to 4.2.1. when trying to use 4.2.1.15, the first thing presented by the prompts is a message that says something like:

4.2.1 is not currently installed, would you like to continue?

yes or no

Is this normal and is it safe to proceed?

Thanks

Hi,

It is very strange...if it says 4.2.1 is not installed, then i have to ask:

Are you sure you are running 4.2.1? If you login into the ACS GUI, the initial screen shows you the running version.

Which one is it?

HTH,

Tiago

--

If  this helps you and/or answers your question please mark the question as  "answered" and/or rate it, so other users can easily find it.

Thanks guys,

I have successfully download and installed ACS 4.2.1. However, that still not resolve my problem. The issue  is a VMware Machine on ESX 3 server. Machine keeps dropping out of the network(not responding to ping for a short period,but quiet often), it is the only machine on the  ESX server doing that! According to some research on google, 4.2.0 may have a memory leak that can causes the issue. So I decided to upgrade to 4.2.1. Oviously, the upgrade is not the fixe  for me. Has anyone out there experience the same issue with ACS 4.2.0 OR 4.2.1 on ESX server?

ps I have two other boxes with 4.2.0 on two different physical machine which work fine!! So the issue got to be with VM integration!

Thanks,

Jean Paul