cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt Group broadcast paging to multiple FXS ports - only first FXS port hears audio

Brian Carlson
Level 4
Level 4

-- CUCM 7.1.5

-- MGCP Gateway

I have two separate overhead paging zones, each zone connects to the voice gateway using a separate FXS port.

Zone A is on FXS 0/1/0

• Directory Number 190

Zone B (DN 192) is on FXS 0/1/2

• Directory Number 192

I am trying to create a hunt group so that users can page both zones at the same time.

Here's how I setup the hunt group;

Hunt Pilot = 193

Members = 190 and 192

Distribution Algorithm = Broadcast

190 and 192 are the DNs for their respective FXS ports.  When I dial these, a paging adapter picks up and the audio goes over the overhead speakers.  These are working fine when dialed individually, but when I call the hunt pilot, only Zone A with DN 190 hears audio.

How can I configure this so that when I dial the hunt pilot (193), audio flows across both FXS ports?

Line Group configuration is below.

Thanks in advance!

linegroup.JPG

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I haven't tried this myself with FXS but my guess is that this won't work, if you do the same with IP Phones trying to emulate a broadcast by enabling auto-answer the same behavior occurs.

You ring all devices, but only the 1st one to pickup gets the audio stream.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Java,

I believe you are correct, the first device to answer will receive the RTP stream.

Does anyone know of any workarounds to allow paging across two FXS ports simultaneouly?

Thanks!

Workaround: Find or write a third-party CTI application that starts an ad-hoc conference call and then adds both FXS ports to the conference.

Solution: Use a third-party paging product such as SingleWire Informacast or SynApps SA-Announce.

While SA Announce or Informacast would do the job, either one would be far more costly than simply installing a multi zone paging controller.  The difference in costs would probably measured in the thousands of dollars. 

Both products work well, but this application is specifically driving overhead speakers already in place and connected to paging contollers (most likely single zone controllers) per the original post.

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

What you are attempting to do will not work.

A hunt groupd will do a broadcast ring, but the first station to answer the call gets the call.  The other station does not.

If you want to be able to send a call to multilple paging zones, you need a multi zone paging controller.  There is no way to rig CallManager to compensate for not having it.