cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bandwidth usage on a router

gnaveen
Level 1
Level 1

I have this camera connected to a router. How can I tell how much bandwidth a video clip is taking.

What do I need to configure on the router to check this?

Camera [Ethernet] <--> [Ethernet0/0] Cisco Router [871]  <--> Laptop [App to capture movie clip]

-NG

6 Replies 6

ncehreli
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

You can enable Netflow on your e0/0 to analyze BW utilization on your 871. Below is a introductory document explaining how NetFlow works and some free tools to export data for analysis :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/iosswrel/ps6537/ps6555/ps6601/prod_white_paper0900aecd80406232.html

Best Regards
Necati Cehreli

Is netflow supported on a switch?

If I have the camera connected to a switchport how can I calculate the bandwidth?

-NG

What I am trying to do here is - I have a camera  attached to one of my switchport - fa0/0/1. How can I find out how much  bandwidth it is taking for streaming video?

Hello,

Yes, 871 supports netflow. Check Appendix A of the document I sent for basic configuration example. As a target you can define your laptop running free Netflow analyzers available like Solarwinds' Netflow analyzer : http://www.solarwinds.com/register/registration.aspx?program=852&c=70150000000DrSQ

Best Regards
Necati Cehreli

I can't configure the Cisco 871W router to get the ip address.

[Wall Jack] --- [WAN interface] FastEthernet4 ---- FastEthernet0 [Camera]

If I connect a switch I automatically get the ip address assigned to my Camera.

[Wall Jack] --- Switchport Fast1/0/1 --- Camera [Switchport Fast1/0/2]

IP address assigned to the Camera, but, now I can't run netflow.

I configured a DHCP pool on the Cisco 871W router but with no luck. Any help will be appreciated.

-NG

My 871W router does not support netflow.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: