cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 7.0 and Auto Attendant with Dial by extension

keanej
Level 3
Level 3

Some parts of the topic have been covered but not completely.

Firstly the objectives - Lets call the company AcmePaints.

External Callers are to get

'Welcome to Acme Paints, if you know the extension you wish to dial - please dial it now, otherwise please hold for the operator'

What I did On Call Manager / Gateway

- I set a number with a mailbox profile pointing at Connection.

What I did On unity connection 7.0 -

Call Management | System Call Handlers | Add New | 'AcmeCall'

Call Management | System Call Handlers |  'AcmeCall' | Extension '6000'

Call Management | System Call Handlers |  'AcmeCall' | Record Greeting like above.

Edit | Greetings | Standard | Callers Hear - 'My Personal Recording' (like text above)

Edit | Greetings | Standard | X Allow Transfers to numbers not associated with users or call handlers

Edit | Greetings | Standard | X Conversation - Call System Transfer

System Settings | Restriction Tables | Default System Ttansfer | uncheck * (at bottom)

Results:

Users call in and get

'Welcome to Acme Paints, if you know the extension you  wish to dial - please dial it now, otherwise please hold for the  operator' ' (SYSTEM) Enter the number you wish to transfer to'

I enter a number and press # and it works perfectly.

Unfortunately

a) The user MUST press # after the extension - I need it to do a interdigit timeout (3 seconds)

b) This second body of text is not required - 'Enter the number you wish to transfer to'- cant seem to get rid of it

c) If a user doesnt enter a number - it asks again twice and then waits indefinitely - I need it to timeout after 3 seconds and transfer to operator.

Any ideas / solutions appreciated !!!

Regards

James Keane

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi James,

Have a look at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/administration/guide/7xcucsag060.html.  This should have all of your answers.  But basically, if you go to the Caller Input section of the Call Handler you are playing with you should be able to set all of the options you are looking for.

Let me know if this does not help or you need more info.

Greg

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

keanej
Level 3
Level 3

Not getting much action there !

It turns out I dont need to drop the '# after the number' piece.

I think the only way of getting this working is ...

'Welcome to Acme Paints, if you know the extension you wish to dial please press one - , otherwise please hold for the operator'

if a user presses '1' they get the cheesey voice - 'Enter the number you wish to transfer to'

If they hold they get the operator.

I find it hard to believe that the setup in the previous post is beyond they capabilities of this server when a small AIM-CUE in a 2600XM manages the task flawlessly.

Hi James,

Have a look at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/administration/guide/7xcucsag060.html.  This should have all of your answers.  But basically, if you go to the Caller Input section of the Call Handler you are playing with you should be able to set all of the options you are looking for.

Let me know if this does not help or you need more info.

Greg

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: