Views
Helpful
Replies

Perplexed: SPA2102 not working with WBP54G

georgeclin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a SPA2102 which has been working reliably on Ethernet.  I relocated it to a location without an Ethernet jack so I had to use a WBP54G wireless-G bridge.  The phone adapter still works so the configuration of the wirless-G bridge must be fine.  However, every day or so, phone 1 and phone 2 LEDs on the phone adapter would go off and then I can't make or receive calls any more.  To fix it, I have to unplug the wireless-G bridge's A/C adapter which in turn cycles the power to the phone adapter.  Then it works fine for a day or two until the next outage.

Any idea of a permanent fix (other than keep unplugging the A/C adapter)?  I appreciate any and all suggestions.

George

3 Replies 3

When you unplug the power of your wireless adaptor the ethernet connection of the SPA goes down. Normally this causes the reboot of the SPA and so a fresh registration to your sip server or ITSP. Try to reduce the registration period:

Use 300 or 120 seconds.

Best regards.

georgeclin
Level 1
Level 1

One other clue...when my SPA2102 is in this downed state, the LED status is as follows:

Power: blinking green

Internet: steady green

Phone 1: off

Phone 2: off

Thanks.

George

Here’s an update.  I decided to solve my problem with a low tech solution: using a splitter that splits a single RJ45 wall outlet into an Ethernet jack and a 2-line analog phone jack.  This is possible because the wiring in the wall is CAT5 (8 conductors).  Previously, my 4-line phone gets 2 landlines from the wall outlet and 2 VoIP lines from the SPA-2102 which in turn gets its network connection from the wireless-G bridge.  Now I don’t need to mess with wireless anymore as the SPA-2102 is plugged into the wall.  Problem solved.

George

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: