cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 and DFM 3.2 vs ASR lsmpi_io memory

KAROLY KOHEGYI
Level 2
Level 2

Due to CSCtc18926 I've  installed the DFM patch. The original problem was solved but new one appeared.

Since then the dfm shows the

InsufficientFreeMemory   MEM-192.168.153.174/13 [lsmpi_io]

message.

Any idea?

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Joel Monge
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The problem comes due to the fact that the ASR platform handles these thresholds very differently and in reality, these events show no real threat.  For example, the ASR intentionally considers any voltage reading as normal.  You can confirm this by doing a show environment, you will see all voltages as "normal".

For the lsmpi_io memory event, similar thing happens.  The LSMPI IO pool is a shared memory pool for punt path packet handling, and it is normal behavior for it to show up low on free memory, as the pool is pre-allocated.  In fact, according to ASR development, there is no reason for this particular memory pool to be monitored.  It is just included as informational output in a "show mem" but can be ignored.

So thats what we need to tell DFM, ignore it.  You can do so by excluding it this way:

1. Go to DFM > Device Management > Device Details.
2. Select the device in question and hit View.  Then click on the link for the device. 
3. In Device Detailed View, go to the section for memory and set the managed state for LSMPI IO to false. Apply the changes.

Then DFM will not alert anymore on these events.

Thanks !

I known this possibility!

But what will be happen if the lsmpi_io memory will be low indeed?

As I mentioned, it is expected for it to be low.  This should not cause any problems on the ASR.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: