Linksys E2000 router problems

Unanswered Question
Dec 11th, 2010

So I lately upgraded to a Linksys E2000 from a SMC router. I love this new router but lately I've been running into some problems. It'll randomly stop doing as well. When I play WoW my latency is normally around 200, but when it starts messing up it goes to 800+ or even 2000+MS. When I'm playing CoD I go from having host and everyone having a 4 bar connection to not having host and having 1 bar. I contacted Cisco Support and was told to change my MTU to 1350 instead of 1500, but that only upped my latency my about 200ms. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Note: I have the most up to date firmware/software/hardware/funware

Note2: The only way I have found to stop the terrible connectivity is to do a factory default reset of the router, however this gets rather annoying to have to do :X

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Average Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Shelley Bhalla Mon, 12/20/2010 - 06:30

Just a wild thought... I have a E3000 and it tends to run hot all the time so I keep it in a open well ventilated area. Infact I have a small fan (bought from Target for $5.00) facing the router to keep it cool. Make sure your router is not running hot.

Put the MTU back to 1500 or 1492 (vlan tags)

Doing a factory reset, resets arp cache see if there is anything like that in the serttings.

Shelley.

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted December 11, 2010 at 8:38 AM
Stats:
Replies:1 Avg. Rating:
Views:2213 Votes:0
Shares:0
Tags: No tags.

Discussions Leaderboard