cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Linksys E2000 router problems

Mozzy4Ever
Level 1
Level 1

So I lately upgraded to a Linksys E2000 from a SMC router. I love this new router but lately I've been running into some problems. It'll randomly stop doing as well. When I play WoW my latency is normally around 200, but when it starts messing up it goes to 800+ or even 2000+MS. When I'm playing CoD I go from having host and everyone having a 4 bar connection to not having host and having 1 bar. I contacted Cisco Support and was told to change my MTU to 1350 instead of 1500, but that only upped my latency my about 200ms. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Note: I have the most up to date firmware/software/hardware/funware

Note2: The only way I have found to stop the terrible connectivity is to do a factory default reset of the router, however this gets rather annoying to have to do :X

3 Replies 3

Shelley Bhalla
Level 3
Level 3

Just a wild thought... I have a E3000 and it tends to run hot all the time so I keep it in a open well ventilated area. Infact I have a small fan (bought from Target for $5.00) facing the router to keep it cool. Make sure your router is not running hot.

Put the MTU back to 1500 or 1492 (vlan tags)

Doing a factory reset, resets arp cache see if there is anything like that in the serttings.

Shelley.

bessiereedhot
Level 1
Level 1

Linksys routers are one of the most popular routers on the market. They are known for their reliability and ease of use. Unfortunately, there are times when a Linksys router will not work. Here are some reasons why a Linksys router may not be working:

The first thing you should do is check all of the cables to make sure they are plugged in correctly. If they are, then the next thing to check is the settings on your router. If you are still having trouble, you can try resetting your router.

There may be a problem with the router itself. If the router is not turning on or if it is not connecting to the internet, there may be a problem with the hardware.

There may be a problem with the cable connection. If the router is not able to connect to the internet, it may be because the cable is not working. Make sure that the cable is properly plugged into the router and the computer.

There may be a problem with the computer. If the router is not able to connect to the internet, it may be because the computer is not able to connect to the router. Make sure that the computer is properly connected to the router and that the computer is up-to-date with the latest

Bessie Reed

Hello
Can you elaborate on how the rtr is connected and how you are connecting to the router 

what isp device are you connecting to? are you running the linksys rtr in routed or bridge mode

You mention “bar” i assume then this is a wifi connection correct?
If you have a windows host then you can run a wlan discover report on its connection to the rtr for any possible issues?

Also what frequency band /channels are you using any possibility interference? maybe just try relocating the linksys rtr could make some difference?

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: