cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5510 Blocking Port 25

grromerojr
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco ASA 5510. I have detected an infected workstation on my internal LAN which has caused my IP to be blacklisted by Barracuda Networks and other RBL. I have scanned and cleaned the workstation removing the spambot. I want to prevent all my internal workstations from sending SMTP traffic on Port 25 through my ASA 5510 device. I only need to allow my Exchange Server access to send out traffic on port 25. Can someone help me configure this setup using ASDM 5.0?  I know it may be easier using CLI, but using the ASDM would really be preferred. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

4 Replies 4

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What existing rules do you have applied to your internal/inside interface of the ASA?

A screenshot of the rules applied on the inside interface would be good.

The rule to block port 25 for all internal hosts but the Exchange server needs to be configured after the rule to allow the Exchange server outbound on port 25.

Jennifer, thank you for replying. I have attached a screenshot of the rules applied to the inside interface.The LAN IP for the Exchange is 192.168.115.4 and the inside interface for the ASA 5510 is 192.168.115.1.The attached image only shows the rules for the internal interface as you have requested. If you should need more information please let me know. Thank you.

In that case, you would need to configure 2 rules above the existing rules.

First rule should say "permit" from source: Exchange server (192.168.115.4) to destination: any, on destination port: TCP/25

Second rule should say "deny" from source: any to destination: any, on destination port: TCP/25

And your third rule would be the existing rule that you have.

Hope that helps.

Jennifer,

The information you provided helped out tremendously. Thank You.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: