Best WAP to get for small business

Unanswered Question
Dec 17th, 2010

Hi.  I'm certainly not a network engineer by any means, but I do run a small business which has 6 employees.  Most have desktops, but some, like myself have laptops and PDAs which require wireless service.

I've burned through several cheap wireless routers in the past couple years, and it dawned on me I could use just an ordinary router and get a wireless access point to provide good coverage in the office, (hopefully much better than what I can get at best buy).

I'm relatively ignorant about most of the technical stuff which you folks converse in, but I do not plan to buy a wireless lan controller, just a good, draft N wap which will provide the best signal I can get.  I also hope to configure it myself on our existing network.  It appears that the 1260 is the latest, but it needs a WLC.

Based on my admitted ignorance on the matter, what is the best draft N enterprise class WAP I can buy for the money?  1141?  1142?

My thanks in advance.

Pete

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Average Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
surbg Sat, 12/18/2010 - 22:29

Hi,

In short.. Go for either 1141 AP or 1142 AP.. both of them are good and powerfull

lemme know if this answered your question..

Regards
Surendra
====
Please dont forget to rate the posts which answered your question and mark it as answered or was helpfull

surbg Sun, 12/19/2010 - 17:07

ha ha Yup i forgot to mention autonomous thanks Rob!!

Regards

Surendra

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted December 17, 2010 at 3:25 PM
Stats:
Replies:3 Avg. Rating:5
Views:1461 Votes:0
Shares:0
Tags: No tags.

Discussions Leaderboard