Views
Helpful
Replies

QuickVPN with RV042

mohamedtag
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All ,

I am having an issue to use the QuickVPN Client to connect to RV042(Dual WAN + 4 LAN) Device. The Setup is as follows:

1 - ADSL Router connected to Internet and connected to the "Internet Port" of the RV042 VPN Router

2 - ADSL Router is configured with Dynamic DNS and it works fine.

3 - ADSL Router is configured with PORT FORWARDING feature to forward ALL Traffic to the Local IP of the RV042

Note: to make sure that this ( DDNS + Port Forwarding ) setup works before proceeding to use the QuickVPN Client , I used the Domain / DDNS URL  to connect to the RV042 and Manage it remotely and it works. In other words , using the DDNS URL Points to the RV042

4 - I installed the QuickVPN client as per the CD Instructions.

5 - Created an Account under the "VPN Client Access" Tab

6 - Generated a New Certificate.

7 - Exported the Certifcate for Client using " Export for Client "  Option

8 - Saved the Exported Certficate " RV042_1221_1115_Client.pem " to the Directory of the QuickVPN installed folder "C:\Program Files\Linksys\Linksys VPN Client"

9 - I Launched the QuickVPN Client and tried to connect , but i get prompted with " Failed to Establish a Connection " Message.

RV042 Firmware = 1.3.12.19-tm (Feb 13 2009 13:03:21)

QuickVPN Client = 12110

Laptop used for Testing OS = Windows XP

Windows Firewall = Disabled

Any Ideas ?

Regards

2 Replies 2

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Personally,  with this unknown quantity of a ADSL router, i would feel alot better using the built in PPTP server in the RV042 compared to IPSec.

It may be that the Rv042 will reject the incoming IPSec tunnel because the IPSec stream is manipulated by a NAT process from the ADSL router.

Knowing the ADSL router model  maybe even the Service providers name and country might help.  Shame the service provider can just give you a ADSL modem rather than a router,  Could make this install a lot easier.

Not much I can add, interesting to see  what others can offer.

regards Dave

Dear Dave ,

Many thanks for your Reply. The ADSL Router i am using is TP-LINK - TD-W8901G ( 4 Ports LAN + Wireless ). I beleive it is an ADSL Router NOT Modem.

As for the NAT issue , Do you have a Confirmed information that the RV042 do not Support VPN Tunnel behind an ADSL Router that Operates on NAT Mode ??. This might blow my Design apart , I was planning after i succeed to operate the QuickVPN to start implementing the Gateway-to-Gateway Mode using another RV042 but behind the same ADSL Router.

Any Ideas ??

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: