Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect VPN Client Would not Connect

bwongcisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've been using AnyConnect VPN Client on a Dell laptop on Windows XP (SP2) for months without issues.  However, the laptop is running out of steam and i'm trying to move my work to a newe Lenovo W500 laptop, also running XP (SP3).

From the W500, I went to the Cisco VPN Service site for the first time.  The site prompted me to download the ActiveX component, which it did successfully.

However, after that, it would not establish a VPN connection with the error: "VPN client driver encountered error'.

I followed the 'ASA 8.x: AnyConnect VPN Client Troubleshooting Tech Note'; found the section for this specific error; followed the instructions and changed the properties of the VPN agent service to 'Allow service to interact with the desktop'; rebooted the laptop and tried the connection but it failed with the same error.

I've spent a good part of a day trying to resolve this; very frustrating.  I'm hoping many of you have already successfully resolved this before.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Barry

1 Reply 1

bwongcisco
Level 1
Level 1

Some additional info about this issue I'm encountering:

1. The VPN Client version is 2.5.0217

2. The event log shows the following two errors when I attempted the connection:

Function: ConnectMgr::launchCachedDownloader

File: .\ConnectMgr.cpp

Line: 5040

Invoked Function: ConnectMgr :: launchCachedDownloader

Return Code: 3 (0x00000003)

Description: Cached Downloader terminated abnormally

Function: ConnectMgr::processIfcData

File: .\ConnectMgr.cpp

Line: 1956

Invoked Function: ConnectMgr::processIfcData

Return Code: -33554423 (0xFE000009)

Description: GLOBAL_ERROR_UNEXPECTED

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Barry

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: