cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Direct Attach NetApp - compatibility matrix?

cweinhold
Level 4
Level 4

NetApp's Interoperability Matrix Tool (IMT) does not show direct attach support yet with UCS 1.4(1i) for FC or FCoE.

Presumably it will be supported. Any idea how long that'll take?

-Craig

6 Replies 6

Manish Tandon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Craig

Yes, it is in progress and and *expected* on IMT end of Jan/early Feb 2011.

Thanks

--Manish

I assume something similar is true for the EMC Interoperability matrix (http://www.emc.com/products/interoperability) ?

Yes- though EMC is expected mid-Feb/March.

Thanks

--Manish

sebastian_senen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I may be wrong, but as far as I could see there's no specific FC support for any B-Series on the published Netapp matrix... although is safe to assume that since there are many CVDs and Cisco/Netapp offer FlexPods, the infrastructure is supported with MDS.

Also there's no iSCSI support with the C Series (again, it's safe to assume that this works, right?)

Any advice/other place to verify Cisco/Netapp support?

Thanks and regards,

Sebastian.

Hi,

It is supported now, with a caveat about zoning though:

http://now.netapp.com/NOW/knowledge/docs/adapters/CiscoUCS.pdf

"NetApp supports attaching FC and FCoE targets to the Cisco UCS 6100 Fabric Interconnect, but, at this time, strongly recommends that you use single initiator zoning with this configuration. [...] Because the Cisco UCS does not currently allow you to create and/or modify zoning data directly on a UCS 6100 Fabric Interconnect, you must use an upstream MDS or Nexus switch to configure zoning."

Regards,
Radek

Can this netapp document be posted? It needs a login in order to see it.

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card