cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to use internal DHCP-server on a Wireless Lan Controller?

rayost
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to use the internal DHCP-server on a 4402 WLC v.7 for air-lap 1141n. But the WLC log says:

*DHCP Proxy DTL  Recv Task: Jan 18 14:51:58.591: c4:71:fe:34:14:c7 DHCP received op  BOOTREQUEST (1) (len 310,vlan 228, port 2, encap 0xec00)
*DHCP Proxy  DTL Recv Task: Jan 18 14:51:58.591: c4:71:fe:34:14:c7 DHCP dropping  packet from AP c4:71:fe:34:14:c7 received on port 2, vlan 228

Here are a screenshot of the ap-manager interface.

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/8376/apmanager.png

Primary DHCP server is set to management interface (192.168.228.25).

I'm not sure how the Internal DHCP server and ap-manager works togheter, is there a way to connect the DHCP scope to ap-manager?

internaldhcp-apscope.png

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The DHCP server information should be filled under MANAGEMENT interfcae DHCP server as well..

that is..

instead of configuring the DHCP server ip on AP-manager, do it on MANAGEMENT interface... check this DOC..

http://cisco.biz/en/US/products/ps6366/products_tech_note09186a0080af5d13.shtml#Internal-DHCP

that is..

dhcp-wlc-11.gif

Lemme  know after making this changes, this will help you!! and keep in mind,  DHCP AP to get an IP from the WLC = Same VLAN for management and  AP-manager and AP VLAN.

lemme know if this answered your question..

Regards
Surendra
====
Please dont forget to rate the posts which answered your question and mark it as answered or was helpfull

Regards
Surendra BG

I have the same problem.  I have my management set to 192.168.20.6, the ap manager on .8  - this is on a 2125 WLC with 7.0 code.

I can plug my workstation into port 1 and using a static IP, browse to the wlc as expected.  When I plug in an AP to the poe port, the AP never gets an IP.

I created a dhcp scope on the WLC and enabled DHCP proxy.  I consoled into the AP, and get

*Mar  1 00:22:04.506: %CAPWAP-3-DHCP_RENEW: Could not discover WLC. Either IP
 address is not assigned or assigned IP is wrong. Renewing DHCP IP.

I have the clock manually set to today's date and time.

I just cannot figure out what I'm missing!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card