Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

wap 200 wpa2-enterprise problem

Hi all!

We have more than 50 wap 200 access points. In our configuration we use wpa2-enterprise security mode with radius server. And use latest firmware(2.0.2.4). All works good, but after random time period (2 hours - one day) wifi access with wpa2-enterprise stops working (client can't connect).  After reboot wap200 all becomes good.

Access with wpa2-personal works good all the time.

Excuse me for my english

6 Replies 6

David Carr
Level 6
Level 6

Roman,

Is the issue showing itself at all devices at once or is it random?

I am trying to see if its something in the relay to the server or the ap's themselves.

Thanks for your e-mail. I am traveling on business Monday and Tuesday and will have no access to e-mail during the day.

If you need immediate help, please contact one of the following:

Katie McIntyre (kmcintyre@nealsystems.com)

Laura Kane (lkane@nealsystems.com)

sales@nealsystems.com

or call our office at 215-968-7577 where one of the team will gladly assist you.

Thanks, Peter,

Neal Systems, Inc.

David,

Could you be so kind and try forwarding it to appropriate department? I've currently no access to serial numbers of mine WAP-200 and I'm not able to submit another support ticket in other country. It's not more then 5 minutes of work for software engineer...

Sjebek667
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, 

I got the same problem (10 x WAP200).

Radius server get authorized request, and do it correctly, but client can't connect.  When I restart device, everything is OK.  On another vlan, SSID (Secure WPA2-PSK) problem doesn't exist. 

I use latest firmware - 2.0.2.4. 

Thanks for help Sebastian.

lenwetasartir
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

We have exactly the same problem (how surprising!). We've contacted with Cisco Small Business Support in Poland (case #617825293), but Mrs Aleksandra Dargiel was unable to solve our problem (or maybe even undestand it? nevermind). One of the administrators of our network found it funny to request GPL sources for WAP200 as it contains open sourced software. To our surprise, we received FULL sources of access point firmware. During analysis of software included in device, we found it contains 8021X, which versioning scheme is the same as hostapd - in fact it IS hostapd. As our problems were connected with RADIUS authentication, we started to look for bugs existing in included version of hostapd. We found out that especially one is particulary interesting

(http://hostap.epitest.fi/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/hostap/hostapd/radius_client.c?view=log#rev1.23.2.1) and fix for this issue seems to be so trivial

(http://hostap.epitest.fi/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/hostap/hostapd/radius_client.c?r1=1.23&r2=1.23.2.1), so...

IS THERE ANY CHANCE TO ADD THESE TWO ******* BRACKETS AND SUPPLY WORKING FIRMWARE?

THIS PRODUCT IS CURRENTLY THE MOST EXPENSIVE PIECE OF PLASTIC USELESS FOR SMALL BUSINESS NETWORKS!

Yes, we've already compiled patched firmware using your toolkit, but we got "wrong firmware format" when trying to flash it.

Hello,

The question I have for everyone is what device is doing Radius?

We also need the following data:

A syslog capture of the event (Where the Radius authentication stops working). This syslog needs to capture prior, during and after the event.

We also need a Packet capture between the WAP200 and the network, or the Radius server and the network. This needs to be done during the event, and after the reboot when the authentication starts working again.

The time and date for both captures need to be the same, so please have the time on both captures the same. It would also be helpful for any Radius logs.

If using Windows Radius with Active Directory we will also need the logs from the License server PKI environment for that period of time.

Once someone has this they will need a call into the Small Business Support number at 1-866-606-1866 and a current case will need to be created. At that point we will be able to analyses the data and forward the case on if we can't determine the root cause is the WAP and not a Licensing, Radius, or Configuration settings.

Thanks,

Cisco Small Business Support Center

Randy Manthey

CCNA, CCNA - Security