cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 4402 LAP1131 Interference Profile Failed for Base Radio MAC:

peter.kryszyn
Level 1
Level 1

Dropped connections every day, few times a day.
WLC Was working perfectly fine for about a year then had some dropped connections.
Upgraded to the latest firmaware and also default it to the factory and reconfigured it.
Same problem!

Cisco 4402
Software Version 7.0.98.0

8x Cisco: AIR-LAP1131AG-A-K9 also v/7.0.98.0

Interference Profile Failed for Base Radio MAC:

9 Replies 9

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

In general the Interference Profile message occurs when the noise or interference in the area of an AP has risen over the threshold value.

This value can be configured in Wireless > 802.11a/n | 802.11b/g/n > RRM > General

lemme know if this answered your question..

Regards
Surendra
====
Please dont forget to rate the posts which answered your question and mark it as answered or was helpfull

Regards
Surendra BG

Yes,

I have seen the setting for noise. its set to -70 by default. What would be more appropriate setting?

wireless wlc
Level 1
Level 1

Dropped AP-WLC connections ? or dropped client connections ? If its latter, interference might be an issue. Did you introduce any new wireless devices into the network operating in 802.11 frequencies ? (like wireless meeting room systems etc..)

regards

Joe

I have clients that are complaining that they loose network connection, and yes I do have many new laptops and Apple Ipads.

This is what I'm seeing now (WPA MIC Error counter measure activated on Radio with MAC 00:22:55:58:85:b0 and Slot ID 0. Station MAC Address is 60:33:4b:46:f0:06 and WLAN ID is 1)

I have the same problem with WLC5508 "

"Interference Profile failed".

Any update for help!.

Thanks.

This is a threshold parameter: "Interference Profile failed" along with some others.  All this does is send alerts to the WLC log, to your syslog or to your WCS/NCS or Prime Infrastructure management tool.  You need to adjust these for your environment if you see too many alerts being triggered.  Interference can be a main issue in downtown big citites and you would bump the value up to reduce the number of alerts you see.  Yes interference will cause issues, but this is an alert threshold and will not fix your interference, just tell you that you have interference due to hitting the X value.

1.jpg

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Scott

Can you please check your PM.

Regards

Okay...

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Do an alarm will be raised if there are more than 12 clients connected to the radio by default?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: