cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PLAR To an external number

Wilson Baez
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to configure a PLAR for an elevator line, so when they press the key the phone will dial XXX-xxx-yyy I know how to make a plar for an internal  number, but having trouble with this one if anyone can help please.

Thanks

9 Replies 9

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

CUCM or CUCME? The dialed number will need to match a route pattern and/or dial peer, so you may need an access code such as 9 to match your existing dial plan.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

We use a CUCM 6.0 when I create the translation pattern this is what i have, along with the rest of the configuration for PLAR, but when I pickup the hand set of the test phone it just give me an intercept message that the call can't not be dialed.

Pattern Definition
Required Field
Route this pattern
Block this pattern

Calling Party Transformations
Required Field
Required Field

Connected Party Transformations
Required Field
Required Field

Called Party Transformations

Try creating a specific partition/calling search space as detailed here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a0080232b9f.shtml#Steps1

Make sure that the CSS of the translation pattern can reach the partition of the proper route pattern.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Hi Wilson,

To dial the number 918003245647 you must have a route pattern in your CUCM. Put that route pattern in a partition, say plar_test.

Put this null translation pattern(posted above) in another partition say tp_plar. The IP phone which will be used for plar test call should have a CSS which should have partition tp_plar in it i.e. basically the phone should have access to the translation pattern. Now in the translation pattern config page that you have posted, change the CSS to one which has partition plar_test in it but does not have partition tp_plar in it.. Hence the bottomline is that the IP phone should have access to the null translation pattern and the null translation pattern should have access to the route pattern for routing the call out.

Make the above changes and try a test call. Post the results.

Hope that helps

Regards

Nitesh

PS:Pl rate helpful posts.

May I know whether PLAR to an external number can be possible to configure on CME? The current version of mine should be CME 7.1. Many thanks!!!

Regards,

Nicole

Yes, try this:

ephone-dn 1
number 100
trunk

ephone 1
button 1:1
autoline 1

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Thanks Brandon. May I have a further question is, in case I have total 5 x CO lines, but I just want to limit the plar connections to up to 3 only, is it possible?

Say, I configured five ephone with plar-enable, but I just want max only three of them can get the CO connectivity, is it okay?

Thanks,

Nicole

Nicole,

Here's one way to accomplish this. Set the trunk to use an access code different from your normal code. Then configure dial peers to use the code to allow access to only three of the FXO ports.

ephone-dn 1
number 100
trunk 19

ephone 1
button 1:1
autoline 1

dial-peer voice 19 pots

destination-pattern 19T

port 1/0/0

dial-peer voice 19 pots

destination-pattern 19T

port 1/0/1

dial-peer voice 19 pots

destination-pattern 19T

port 1/0/2

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Hello to everyone,

Please advice me on the PLAR station, is it possible to program a Hotline or PLAR station to receive an incoming call? if its possible what configuration I should follow?

your support is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: