Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco.com API to look up device info

6rmisior
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is there any tool on cisco.com hopefully an API that can be used to look up information about a device based on a serial number?

I'm working on a inventory management system and I have serial numbers of the Cisco devices. I would like to integrate our service with cisco.com and be able to pull any information about the device that Cisco knows.

So far the only tool I found is this: http://tools.cisco.com/scc/

Is that the only thing available?

Thanks for any help!

Robert

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Robert -

I would be happy to talk to you about your need for an API to look up device information. Couldyou provide your phone number and/or email?  thanks

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

gschleic
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Robert, we have something which may fit the bill. I will have someone follow up.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I'm very intrested to see what you have.

I'm glad to hear that there is possibly somthing that could be use for our system

Thanks again,

Robert

Hi Robert: Just checking back to see if someone followed up with you yet. I re-directed your request to the right team and not sure if they reached out directly to you.

Thanks,

Glenn

Hi,

I have not seen anything. Let me know if I should provide my email address.

Thanks for your help!

Robert

Hi Robert -

I would be happy to talk to you about your need for an API to look up device information. Couldyou provide your phone number and/or email?  thanks

My number is: (336) 971-3984 my email: rmisior@confianceinc.com

Thnaks!

Robert

We have the same need for an inventory product we are writing. 

jurczak
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

we are designing an inventory for our company and our customers, I would also be interested in a API

m.sabo
Level 1
Level 1

we are developing an internal inventory app as well and would like API information for serial number to smartnet status

Hello M. Sabo,

Thank you for the comment and reaching out to us.

We do have an API which provides coverage status based on serial numbers for our PSS Partners and SNTC customers to leverage.

We would be happy to provide more information if you are interested.

If you need more information please email Keith Colberg: kcolberg@cisco.com

Regards,

-Alok

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links