Views
Helpful
Replies

AIP-SSM failing to update from cisco website

claude.fozao
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I want to find out the possible reason why my AIP-SSM is failing to update its signatures automatically from cisco website. I have set the module to do automatic signatures update from cisco but it any time it tries to update, it displays an error message that reads "= Error : Autoupdate exception: HTTP connection failed (1,111)" Find the exact error message attached. The interface of my AIP-SSM is behind the corporate proxy and I have set the proxy to allow the AIP-SSM Module to establish a connection to the internet.  What could be wrong?

Your assistance will be highly appreciated.

Regards

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Auto update for IPS signature is not supported via proxy server.

The proxy server configuration on the IPS is only for global correlation.

You would need to allow direct access for IPS signature auto update.

View solution in original post

Great to hear, thanks. Please kindly mark the post as answered so others can learn through your post. Thank you.

Hello Claude,

In order to mark this question answered, please click on the "Correct Answer" button, located on the message that answered your question.

Thank you,
Blayne

Example:

5 Replies 5

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Auto update for IPS signature is not supported via proxy server.

The proxy server configuration on the IPS is only for global correlation.

You would need to allow direct access for IPS signature auto update.

Jennifer,

Thanks very much. I allowed direct connection from my IPS SENSOR to the internet and the IPS SENSOR was able to establish a connection to cisco website also updated the sensor successfully.

Kind regards

Great to hear, thanks. Please kindly mark the post as answered so others can learn through your post. Thank you.

Dear all,

My question has been answered and I am satisfied

Hello Claude,

In order to mark this question answered, please click on the "Correct Answer" button, located on the message that answered your question.

Thank you,
Blayne

Example:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card