cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Failed QuickVPN Client connection

limberwulf
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to connect a specific laptop to an RV-082. The connection is configured properly, as it works on other machines. This specific laptop is running Windows 7 Pro, Windows Defender for AV.

I have exceptions in the Windows Firewall, I have exceptions in Windows defender for the QuickVPN Client.

I have downloaded the latest version of the client.

I have confirmed IPSEC services are running, and that I can ping the router in question from the laptop.

The log indicates a failure to connect to the router at all.

Any ideas? any known issues with Windows Defender?

Thanks in advance

Jon

1 Reply 1

hdashnau
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

To get a better idea of what is happening Id recommend...

1. Disable Windows Defender and test the VPN again. If it works, you know Defender is responsible.

2. Try this with the Cisco IPSec Client. If it fails, turn on the VPNClient logs (Logging>Enable, Log>Log Settings>3-HIGH, Log>Log Window)

3. You can also enable "debug cry isa" and "debug cry ipsec" on the router to see if any crypto packets are received

4. You can download a sniffer tool like Wireshark on the client and see if any vpn packets (udp 500, udp4500, tcp10000, esp50, etc) leave the physical or vpn adapter interface of the computer.

-heather

**Please remember to rate all posts and mark the question as resolved if you have addressed the problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: