Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 : Campus Manager : Problem with Data Collection & UT

Abel JULIAN
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I use LMS 3.2 with Campus 5.2.1 on a Windows 2008 Standard SP2 (x64).

My issue is regarding Campus. The Data collection and user tracking are not working.

I tried to reinitialize the ANI Database with the following command : NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=ani dmprefix=ANI but now, I can't even access to the home page of Campus (no problem accessing the others module pages).If I reboot the server or restart the Deamon Manager I can access the page until I try to lunch a Data Collection.

Find enclosed the "ani.log". Tell me if you need more. If you have an idea I will be glad... In other cases I will open a Cisco TAC case.

Regards,

Abel.

20 Replies 20

Gaganjeet Chug
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

After analyzing the ani.log, it looks like you need to patch the server for the famous bug of Campus Manager.

Here is the bug ID :- CSCtd49439

To view information about this bug, kindly click below :-

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?caller=pluginredirector&method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCtd49439

Download the patch from the below link and apply the patch to fix this issue :-

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/type.html?mdfid=282641773&flowid=5141&softwareid=280775108

Thanks,

Gaganjeet

Gaganjeet,

Thanks for your answer. I have followed the link on cisco.com to download the patch but the only one I can find is cwcm5.2.1-win-CSCtl10414-0.zip.

Details
Release5.2.1
Filenamecwcm5.2.1-win-CSCtl10414-0.zip
Release Date 17/Jan/2011
Description Patch for Nexus 7K User Tracking Support for Windows

It don't seems to be the good one (you talked about CSCtd49439). Maybe my CCO account does not have the permissions to access it ? Could you post it here ?

Regards,

Abel

Hi,

I am attaching the patch for the bug. It also have readme file how to apply the patch.

Thanks,

Gaganjeet

Thanks a lot ! I will install it tomorrow morning and will close this post if it succeed.

Regards,

Abel

Gaganjeet,

I try to install the patch you supply me today. I had an unexpected error : "The script is intended to run to Unix Systems Only". See the attached files for details

Is there another version of this patch for Windows ?

Regards,

Abel

Hi,

Here is the patch for Windows version too.

Thanks,

Gaganjeet

Hi,

I have installed the patch last week. Today the problem is still there. The Home Page of Campus never loads and I have the following screen where some parameters stay in loading state :

Please find enclosed the ani.log. Do you need something more ? Do I need to open a TAC case at this point ?

Thanks,

Abel

Hi Abel,

I didnt see any error which point to problem in ANI except that its was not able to querry few devices probably because of snmp community string issues. Kindly post the screenshot of Campus Manager > Home page.

Thanks

Gaganjeet

I cannot post this screenshot because the page is unable to load (nothing appear). Have you an other idea ?

Regards,

Abel.

Hello,

My customer tell me that he has a lot of problem now with the LMS Server. It is very slow, he already have restarted the whole server but it seems that it is not better.

Enclosed, you will find a new error : CRIN0014.

Should I uninstall the patch ? Or maybe directly see with the TAC ?

Regards,

Abel.

Hi,

It looks like ciscoworks services are down.Kindly post the pdshow output. Run this command from the LMS Server and share the pdshow.txt

C:\pdshow > C:\pdshow.txt

Thanks,

Gaganjeet

Hello,

Please find it enclosed.

Regards,

Abel.

Edit : just in case, I join the jrm.log too.

Hi,

Here is the issue, few of the CiscoWorks services are down :-

Process= EssentialsDM
    State  = Waiting to initialize.
    Pid    = 13768
    RC     = 0
    Signo  = 0
    Start  = 2/24/2011 2:53:27 PM
    Stop   = Not applicable
    Core   = Not applicable
    Info   = Server started by admin request

Process= ConfigMgmtServer
    State  = Never started
    Pid    = 0
    RC     = 0
    Signo  = 0
    Start  = N/A
    Stop   = Not applicable
    Core   = Not applicable
    Info   = Not applicable,

Process= ICServer
    State  = Never started
    Pid    = 0
    RC     = 0
    Signo  = 0
    Start  = N/A
    Stop   = Not applicable
    Core   = Not applicable
    Info   = Not applicable,

To fix this issue, kindly perform the following steps

1> Stop the Daemon Manager 
net stop crmdmgtd

2> Make sure Windows remote management services will be stopped

3> Take backup and delete these two files ctmregistry and ctmregistry.backup from the location CSCOpx/MDC/tomcat/webapps/rme/WEB-INF/lib 3> Start the Daemon Manager net start crmdmgtd

This is indeed bug - CSCte49301

You can view more information about this bug at the below link

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?caller=pluginredirector&method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCte49301

Reason = There is port conflict with the Remote Management Services of the Windows server due to which all CiscoWorks services had not started sucessfully.

Thanks,

Gaganjeet

Hello,

Thanks for your answer it has solved the problem. Nethertheless, the first problem is still here notwithstanding the patch you gave me.

My customer starts to be dispointed, I join to this message the screeshot of the Campus screen.

Tell me if you need more,

Bests Regards,

Abel.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: