Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.0 IOS Upgrade for Catalyst 2960

markus.forrer
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Community

I tried to update Cisco Catalyst 2960 Switches through LMS 4.0

But LMS won't update the 2960 because there is not enough Flash Space on the device. The 2960 shoud have 32MB but a dir flash shows this

27998208 bytes total (15343104 bytes free)

A manual update on the switch is working perfect.

Someone know if this is a bug or if there is a workaround to make LMS 4.0 working?

Regards

Markus

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

KAROLY KOHEGYI
Level 2
Level 2

Hi!

Based on my experience two workaround  are possible

1. Manualy delete the flash ( and squeeze some cases )

2. In the  softvare repository you may decrease the required size ( Flash or/and DRAM  if you are  sure the file fit to flash )

( It helps if you have DRAM size problem also. Some cases the RME see the free capacity and not a total capacity of DRAM )

Regards,

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

KAROLY KOHEGYI
Level 2
Level 2

Hi!

Based on my experience two workaround  are possible

1. Manualy delete the flash ( and squeeze some cases )

2. In the  softvare repository you may decrease the required size ( Flash or/and DRAM  if you are  sure the file fit to flash )

( It helps if you have DRAM size problem also. Some cases the RME see the free capacity and not a total capacity of DRAM )

Regards,

Hi

i did had the same problem

It is a bug of the LMS and it is considered minor (cosmetic)

I have talked with TAC and they told that no new image can work with less that 32 of flash.

The workaround is to edit the repository and specify that for that specific image you need x Mb of flash.

Also the bug is solved in LMS 4.2

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: