cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Scheduling CTS Systems via TMS 13

Tom Freeland
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone been able to add their CTS systems to TMS for scheduling on the TP Server (8710)? I have everything setup and working for Interop between my CUCM-VCS and 8710, but I want to be able to schedule a call between CTS systems and H.323 systems in to the TP Server via TMS.

TMS Ver.13
VCS - X6
CTS 1.7
TP Server - 2.1 (1.37)

Thanks.

Tom

6 Replies 6

kvandeve
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI Tom,

If you use a TMS to schedule, then each Cisco TelePresence endpoint must be configured as a room

system in TMS (in addition to being pre-registered on the Telepresence Server). Second, if a

T1 or a T3 is participating, TMS will automatically use a Telepresence Server to host the

conference; if not, TMS will use a standard MCU. A Telepresence Server must then be added

manually.

There's a doc that covers this integration (and the scheduling) really well, i have it attached for you.

The bit you're interested in is located on page 27/28

Hope that helps,

Kurt

Hi Kurt

Would you please also send me that doc?

Regards

Felix

HI Kurt,

Thanks for the additional info. I am able to force it to the 8710 by placing endpoints into the same zone as the TP server and making sure I have a majority of those endpoints into the conference. A workaround for the webscheduler, but not the best solution--especially in a larger deployment. I wonder if this will be resolved somehow in the future with it being able to identify a CTS room the same way as it does a T1 or T3. Even better, if we could actually add the CTS systems as endpoints, rather than rooms. I heard this was on the roadmap, but I am simply impatient.

Can you resend the attachment? I can't seem to locate it or have somehow deleted it.

Thanks.

Tom

HI Tom,

I realized the .doc was internal only so i removed it from the post.

I'll try and see if there's anything external but i doubt it.  If i find it will send it your way.

thanks,

kurt

Hi Tom

Also, be sure you have System licences spare on TMS, one for each CTS.

Kind regards

John Mc

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi all,

we have this posible scenario:

- inmersive enviroment with cisco CTS endpoints, CTMS, etc

- in another network, a TMS, MSE 8000, VCSs and hundreds of endpoints

The idea is to add a TP Server to make inmersive conferences for Cisco CTS rooms and when needed, cascade to a MSE conference to include VC Endpoints, and not use the CTMS anymore.

But, in this case, the CTSs will not be added to TMS (we can´t for sveral reasons), only the TP Server, that will act as a bridge between two networks.

Is it possible to schedule a conference in TMS (13.1 or better) scheduling Cisco CTS 500/1300/3010 (not added on TMS) using the TP Server and makeing a cascade call to a MSE conference?

This cascade could be automatically (add the TP Server and the MSE on the same conference) or mannualy (creating a conference with VCF Endpoints and an external participant and another conference with inmersive endpoints using the TP Server and dialing to the other conference).

Can some one help me?

(we don´t have the TP Server yet to make the tests)

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: