Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SCA BB Console report - Subscriber Average Consumption

Hi All

I'm just studying how to implement the multiple thresholds of subscriber quota on my network. I'm generating the report on subscriber average consumption as below to determine what is the right value of quota to be set for each of my subscriber. From the report, it shows the total number of subscriber. Here is my question:

1. What is mean total subscriber from the report?

2. Is it the average active subscriber for the particular aggregation period?

3. Is it active subscriber with traffic session?

The report generated is as below, for information, our total subscriber is around 1.6 million.

subscriber average consumption.jpg

Very much appreciate for the help. Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Shelley Bhalla
Level 3
Level 3

This is a snapshot of the SCE at a given time. So when the report was generated you had 248876 subscribers (with or without flows) active on the SCE. If a subscriber was logged in 10 days ago it will report average consumption of that subscriber for 10 days. Same for a subscriber logged in a minute ago would present his average consumption in that minute.

Heop this helps.

Shelley.

View solution in original post

Tom Debruyne
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

This is the amount of subscribers for which Subscriber Usage RDRs have been sent to the Collection Manager during the aggregation period.  This should be more or less equal to the amount of active subscribers between 3:00pm and 4:00pm on the 22nd of February.

Cheers,

Tom

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Shelley Bhalla
Level 3
Level 3

This is a snapshot of the SCE at a given time. So when the report was generated you had 248876 subscribers (with or without flows) active on the SCE. If a subscriber was logged in 10 days ago it will report average consumption of that subscriber for 10 days. Same for a subscriber logged in a minute ago would present his average consumption in that minute.

Heop this helps.

Shelley.

Tom Debruyne
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

This is the amount of subscribers for which Subscriber Usage RDRs have been sent to the Collection Manager during the aggregation period.  This should be more or less equal to the amount of active subscribers between 3:00pm and 4:00pm on the 22nd of February.

Cheers,

Tom

Hi, tq for the reply.

From my observation, the total active subscriber reported is much less than the actual. Why this is happen? We got around more than 400k active subscriber on that time.

Tqvm

Mohd Farhan Tajuid

IPSC Implementation

Core IP Development

Hi,

You could check if you have thrown Category 1 RDRs :

#>show RDR-formatter statistics

How do you evaluate the amount of active subscribers to 400k?  Note that active subscriber is a subscriber that generate at least one flow, not a subscriber who is just logged in.

If that doesn't help, you may consider opening a service request with TAC.

Cheers,

Tom

Hi

This is output from one of the SCE:

RDR-formatter statistics:

=========================

Category 1:

sent:               154735424

in-queue:           0

thrown:             509

format-mismatch:    0

unsupported-tags:   0

rate:               110 RDRs per second

max-rate:           646 RDRs per second

What it is mean by thrown?

For measuring the Active Subscriber, I monitor the Active Subscriber with Session in SCE by using MRTG and (polling the active subscriber with session SNMP OID)

The active subscriber is as attachment:

Thanks for your reply.

Thrown RDRs are RDRs that couldn't be send to the CM, for example because at some point the queue is getting full.  509 thrown RDRs for 154735424 sent RDRs is nothing to be worried about.

For the wrong "total subscribers", this would require deeper troubleshooting, checking the TAAdapter health, comparing how exactly the amount of active subscribers is counted by the TAAdapter compared to the SNMP counter, check that all the clocks and timezone settings are correct...  I suppose you could open a TAC case for that.

Cheers,

Tom

Thanks very much Tom for the reply

I will check on that and sure to open the TAC case for it.

By the way, I have open new a discussion regarding the TA Adapter. I want to know how TA Adapter is actually work. The discussion is in link below:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3309699#3309699

Tqvm

Mohd Farhan Tajuid

IPSC Implementation

Core IP Development

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: