How to reset Cisco WRV210 admin password?

Answered Question
Mar 2nd, 2011

i forgot my WRV210 admin password and i had try to hold reset button for 15 sec , but it also doesn't work.how can i do?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by David Carr about 3 years 1 month ago

Mr. Chow,  

If you forgot the password to the router, the only way to get back into the device is to Factory Reset the device with a hard reset.

You can do that by pressing the reset button for 30 seconds with a paperclip.  This will default the device and you will have to reconfigure the router.

Correct Answer by johanvermeij about 3 years 1 month ago

I read this on another post:

First check the connections, modem - internet on router - port 1 to computer.

Reset  the router - press and hold the reset button for 30sec - unplug the  power while holding the reset - reconnect power and then release the  reset button.

Now click on start - run - cmd - ipconfig, the  default gateway address is the IP address of your router. Use this IP to  access the setup page of the router.

Average Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Correct Answer
johanvermeij Thu, 03/03/2011 - 00:29

I read this on another post:

First check the connections, modem - internet on router - port 1 to computer.

Reset  the router - press and hold the reset button for 30sec - unplug the  power while holding the reset - reconnect power and then release the  reset button.

Now click on start - run - cmd - ipconfig, the  default gateway address is the IP address of your router. Use this IP to  access the setup page of the router.

Correct Answer
David Carr Thu, 03/03/2011 - 06:11

Mr. Chow,  

If you forgot the password to the router, the only way to get back into the device is to Factory Reset the device with a hard reset.

You can do that by pressing the reset button for 30 seconds with a paperclip.  This will default the device and you will have to reconfigure the router.

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted March 2, 2011 at 9:07 PM
Stats:
Replies:4 Avg. Rating:5
Views:5520 Votes:0
Shares:0
Tags: No tags.

Discussions Leaderboard