How to request missing Visio stencils?

Endorsed Question
Mar 3rd, 2011

There are several Visio stencils that are missing from the library that I need. They're important to me (and I imagine others want them too) as I need to do rack elevation diagrams. I hate to open a TAC case on them but not sure what else to do. Any thoughts?

The stencils I require are:

ASA5510 (Rear view - the side with the interfaces)

ME-C6524GT-8S (Rear view - the side with the power supplies) - 24 Ethernet - 10/100/1000 interfaces + 8 Gigabit Ethernet SFP uplinks, 1 fan tray

PWR-400W-AC - 400W AC power supply for the Cisco ME 6524

PWR-400W-DC - 400W DC power supply for the Cisco ME 6524

ME-C3750-24TE-M (Rear View - the side with the power supplies) - Cisco Catalyst 3750 Metro

PWR-ME3750-AC - Cisco Catalyst 3750 Metro Switch Primary AC power supply

PWR-ME3750-DC - Cisco Catalyst 3750 Metro Switch Primary AC power supply

Cheers

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Endorsed by Rob Huffman
brenewma about 1 year 7 months ago

Hi Gary,

I requested funding for the rear views but the product group approved only the front views.  If you would like to post a justification I will forward it to them to see if they will reconsider.  Customer input is always taken seriously and I can be more effective with that kind of backup from the field.

Regards,

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Production

Visimation Inc.

www.shapesource.com

Average Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Beverly Fannion Wed, 03/09/2011 - 09:08

Your request for Visio images of these specific Cisco har

dware products will be forwarded to the individual product owners requesting they sponsor

creation of Visio images.

gary.t.giesen Thu, 03/10/2011 - 08:44

Beverly,

Thanks for the prompt response. I know this will be a difficult question to answer, but do you have any idea how long this process typically takes? Weeks? Months? Years? Also, is the request likely to be granted or is there a great deal of justification that must be done internally at Cisco to get Visio stencils created?

Beverly Fannion Thu, 03/10/2011 - 13:18

Gary,

Unfortunately I can not guarantee exactly how long it will take to create all of these Visio images.  We are searching for the product owners of each to request they sponsor creation of the Visio.  We will do our best to have them posted within a months time.

jenyoun Mon, 07/25/2011 - 07:00

Hello Beverly,

Any update on the stencils for the 6524 ME series switches?  I am actually in need of the ME-C6524GS-8S.

Thank you,

Jennifer

brenewma Mon, 07/25/2011 - 10:51

Hi Jennifer,

My company handles Cisco's Visio stencil production.  The C6524GS-8S is on the Switches-ME Series stencil posted at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/prod_cat_visios.html.  It's been there since April 13 of this year so if you haven't recently downloaded that stencil, please do so and you should find it there.  If not, please let me know at brettn@visimation.com so I can troubleshoot the problem, but I just checked it to verify.

Regards,

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Development

Visimation Inc.

www.shapesource.com

jenyoun Mon, 07/25/2011 - 11:15

Thanks Brett, I found them!

Jennifer Berquist

AT&T Labs

813-402-5222

jyoung9@att.com

bruce.langston Thu, 10/06/2011 - 11:39

Brett,

I found the stencils very useful.  I needed, in particular, the 3750x and found it here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/assets/visio/product_visio_icon0900aecd8009b2de.zip.

It includes excellent rear views, with connetion points on the Ethernet and stacking ports.  It also shows only one power supply and a blank cover on the space where the second one would go.

I was hoping to find a redundant power supply in the stencil that I could snap in on the switch, but there is none.  Is it available?

Thanks,

Bruce

Beverly Fannion Thu, 10/06/2011 - 13:32

Bruce,

Thank you for your positive responses after finding the Cisco product shape you were looking for. I will advise our Visio production staff (Bret) of you request so an internal sponsor can be advised of your request and approve creation of this shape.

bruce.langston Tue, 10/11/2011 - 06:12

Dear Beverly,

Please also include the options modules for the 3750x switches:

Thanks,

Bruce

Cell: 678.982.8335

Office: 404.573.5959

Hughes Telematics, Sys Ops

Attachment: 
brenewma Wed, 11/23/2011 - 09:32

Hi Bruce,

I just wanted you to know that your request is being worked on.  We've had a high volume of Visiio production requests at Cisco the past several months so our delivery time is longer than I'd like so I apologize for that.  I expect the Catalyst 3750x shapes done within the next two weeks. Feel free to contact me directly brettn@visimation.com if you have any specific input.

Regards,

Brett

it@bathium.com Tue, 11/22/2011 - 19:49

Hello,

I've found pretty much everything I was looking for so far, but i'm missing those: Catalyst 4500 Series module WS-X4612-SFP-E, WLC-5508 Wireless Controller, Aironet Access point 1040, 1130, 1260, and Catalyst 3560 WS-C3560-12-PC-S.

Is there a way for me to get access to those Visio stencils?

Thanks in advance,

Philip

brenewma Wed, 11/23/2011 - 10:31

Hi Philip,

We are actually just about done with a set of additional Wireless Visio shapes.  This includes the 1040, 1260, 1140, and WLC 5508.  We did not have the 1130 on our list but we can add that as well.  These will be available shortly.

I will approach the product groups about the 3560-12-PC-S and WS-X4612-SFP-E.

Regards,

Brett Newman

Visimation Inc.

Rob Huffman Thu, 11/24/2011 - 07:33

Hey Brett,

Just wanted to say thanks for your great participation here! I'm just

curious if there is an actual "formal" method for requesting new

Visio stencils or are you OK with just posting up our requests here?

Cheers! And thanks again.

Rob

brenewma Tue, 11/29/2011 - 18:04

Hi Rob,

You are quite welcome... it's my pleasure to answer these questions and I'm pleased it's helpful.

There is a formal process for internal Cisco groups to request Visio stencil for their products.  However, there is no formal process for customers other than this forum.  When requests have been posted here, I've been passing them on to the product managers for approval since they must fund the Visio development.  Then, we have a prucurement process that kicks in.

Please understand that sometimes this takes a while to get from a forum request to a Visio stencil due to the approvals and the ordering process that we must comply with.

Since this seems to be a good place for this discussion, I will do my best to post an announcement here when a stencil has been added or updated on the Visio stencil library page:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/prod_cat_visios.html

Regards,

Brett

Rob Huffman Thu, 12/01/2011 - 06:25

Hi Brett,

This is great news! Thanks again for this outstanding support

Cheers!

Rob

hammerbut Thu, 12/01/2011 - 07:54

Hello.

First of all let me thank you for your great work with Cisco products stencils it neat and quite helpful.

Currently I'm in need of AIR-WLC-2125 wireless lightweight access points controller Visio stencil, is there any possability you could provide me one?

brenewma Mon, 12/05/2011 - 14:09

Hello Andrey,

Glad to help...

A new Wireless products stencil will be posted within the next 24 hours.  We just submitted it to the Web team and that is how long it typically takes to appear on the Visio page http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/prod_cat_visios.html

It contains a generic 2100 and also a 2106 which look identical and the 2125 is the same as well.  You can edit the Visio Shape Data to show it as 2125 if you need to.

Regards,

Brett

claudiu.onisoru Fri, 01/20/2012 - 09:01

Hello! Does anyone know where I can find the following visio stencils: IPS ASA Module, ACE 4710 Rear view with interfaces? Thank you

brenewma Fri, 01/20/2012 - 11:28

Hi Claudiu,

Thank you for notifying us of this missing stencil.  My company develops Cisco's Visio stencils based on authorization from the product groups and I have contacted the ACE group with your request.  We don't currently have a Visio stencil for any products in the ACE line so unfortunately I can't give you a quick solution but we'll do our best to move the process forward.

Regards,

Brett Newman

Visimation Inc.

srbarcena Mon, 01/30/2012 - 09:53

Brett, I am in need of the following stencils:

Cisco ASA-5585-X (The front view with the interfaces)

Cisco Catalyst 4500 series

WS-4507R+E fan tray (only minus is listed)

WS-X4624-SFP-E Linecard

WS-X4712-SFP+E 10GB Linecard

WS-X45-SUP7-E

Any help is greatly appreciated!

brenewma Mon, 01/30/2012 - 15:21

Hi Stephen,

The ASA-5585-X is in production now.  The drawings are done but there's another step in the process that converts the drawings to the actual Visio shapes.  There will be several versions with various combinations of interfaces.  I expect them to be done by early next week.  However, posting of the download files has been taking several days which is an issue that I've begun looking into since it used to take no more than 24 hours.  That's done by another group but I'll keep on top of it.

On the Catalyst 4500 series, the only part on your list that is currently in our queue is the WS-X45-SUP7-E.  I'll need to contact the product group about approval for the othres so please understand that there is a budgeting and procurement process for that.

Regards,

Brett

gustm Mon, 02/20/2012 - 07:55

Hi Brett,

I'm drawing Cat6k5 picture and I've been looking for ACE30 module but haven't found any ACE module (even ACE10, ACE20).

I've went through the Cat6k5 stencils on that occasion and I'm surprised there is no Sup2T or any new 68xx, 69xx module - yes they all are similar to some older ones but it's time wasting searching similar one. And if it's same stencil production cost will be low. Other things what streamline stencil searching as well. WiSM2 is in wireless file only - it'll be appreciated if it will be 6k5 file as well or preferably. Stencils are unsorted in file and there is no option to sort them in visio - it's much easier to find desired one if they are sorter alphabetically.

Last thing all 6k5 chassis have junction point on sides at center of module position but it's annoying that VS-S720 stencil joins at lower bottoms to that points hence it's misplaced when points are used.

Bret I greatly appreciate your participation here. Just note to Cisco I don't understand that creation of Visio stencils is not a part of the new product introduction process hence stencils are not ordered automatically when product is introduced…

Regards,

Michal.

brenewma Tue, 02/21/2012 - 19:48

Hi Michal,

We've just recently contacted the Catalyst 6500 product team about Visio shapes.  Our company was not involved with the older ones you see on the site but I certainly understand the flaws you've found in them.  I can assure you that ours will be an improvement.  However, we need to get through the procurement process with the product group so the shapes you need won't be completed for several weeks at least... I wish we could do better but that's realistic.

We are also discussing how we might be able to make Visio production part of the pre-release process so that they are created along with the product photos.  I don't know if we'll be successful at that but we're trying!

Regards,

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Production

Visimation Inc.

lpassmore Tue, 02/21/2012 - 16:29

Hi team

While we seem to be reporting missing stencils, how about WS-C3750X-12 and -24 SFP based models.  They don't appear in the Jan 12 version of the 3750 stencil that I can see.

Is there a timeline for these or are they somewhere else?

Many Thanks

LP

brenewma Tue, 02/21/2012 - 20:03

Hi LP,

We just submitted an update with those products... should be on the download site within a day or so.

Regards,

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Production

Visimation Inc.

ArmyMerrill Tue, 02/28/2012 - 19:35

Brett,

I downloaded the 3750 stencil pack, and it has the 3750X-12S-S stencil, but does not have the -24S version.  Can you check on this?

Thanks,

Merrill Hammond

brenewma Fri, 03/02/2012 - 17:01

Hi Merrill,

I just confirmed that the 3750X-24S version was not ordered by the product group.  I've let them know there's an inquiry but I can't promise if/when they will authorize production. We were discussing a list of new icons  back in January but they haven't given us a "go" yet.

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Production

Visimation Inc.

brenewma Tue, 08/07/2012 - 15:02

Hi Paul,

No, I did not receive a reply from the product group so I've pinged them again.

Regards,

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Production

Visimation Inc.

www.shapesource.com

brenewma Wed, 03/21/2012 - 11:17

I just found out that the 3750 file I submitted was lost in transition to the web posting team, so I've resubmitted it and the update should be available within a day or so.  I know I've said that before and I apologize for the delay.

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Production

Visimation Inc.

LogSBw-S6 Tue, 02/21/2012 - 23:40

Hi,

is there any problem with the Rack R42610 stencil? I try to connect Cat-45xx-E chassis with the rack but it doesn´t match.

The rack ist to big or the cat-45xx chassis are to small. Do you have a solution for that?

The stencil update from Catalyst-4500 failed. I can see only 5 objects in there.

And i need the WS-X4612-SFP-E and PWR-C45-1400AC stencil.

Regards from Bremen, Germany

Peter

brenewma Wed, 02/22/2012 - 12:02

Hello Peter,

There is no problem with the R42610 rack stencil.  The problem is with some of the older Catalyst 45xx shapes that were produced by another vendor before we became involved 2 years ago.  Unfortunately they were not designed correctly to fit into racks.  My group is producing shapes that work properly with this rack as well as rack shapes from other sources.  I apologize for the inconvenience this causes but unless the product group authorizes us to re-create the older devices they will not match.  You can see proper fit behavior with the 4500-X shapes that we produced.

Your note alerted me to an error that the web group made when posting the Catalyst 4500-X stencil.  I had asked for a new link separate from the 4500, which is what the product group prefers.  Instead, they replaced the 4500 download file with the 4500-X download file.  I've asked them to correct that so that you will have access to the 4500 and 4500-X shapes in separate downloads and stencil files.  I do not know how long this will take to complete.

On the Catalyst 4000 stencil there are icons fro a PWR-C45-1000AC, PWR-C45-1300VAC, and PWR-C45-2800VAC but no PWR-C45-1400AC.  The shapes on this stencil were also produced by the previous vendor. These power supplies seem to fit properly into the C4503 chassis but the chassis will not fit properly into the rack for the reasons explained above.

Please note that you can always download the Table of Contents and Index file (near the top of the Visio download page) and search for a part number to locate its download stencil.

I hope this is at least partially helpful.

Regards,

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Production

Visimation Inc.

brenewma Wed, 02/22/2012 - 12:13

Hi Peter,

I forgot to mention that we have the following in the queue but we are waiting for approval before we can proceed.  Note that several of them are updates of the older icons that don't work properly:

• WS-X45-SUP7-E
  • WS-X4748-UPOE+E
  • WS-X4748-RJ45-E
  • WS-X4612-SFP-E
  • WS-X4712-SFP+E
  • WS-X4748-RJ45V+E
  • WS-X4624-SFP-E
  • WS-C4510R+E
  • WS-C4507R+E
  • WS-C4506-E
  • WS-C4503-E
  • WS-UPOE-12VPSPL

Regards,

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Production

Visimation Inc.

LogSBw-S6 Wed, 02/22/2012 - 23:01

Hi Bret,

thank you for answer me. Will the re-created C45xx chassis fit with the older PWR-C45-1300AC stencil? The power unit looks like the same as the C45-1400AC. When do you think you get the approval? How long does your team need to create the stencils?

We change the complete network hardware from Enterasys to Cisco in our base. Before that i must planning it with Visio.

Regards from Bremen, Germany

Peter

brenewma Tue, 02/28/2012 - 15:28

Hi Peter,

I still do not have approval from the product group.  I'm very sorry.  This usually does not take much time but for some reason they have not acted quickly.

Regards,

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Production

Visimation Inc.

gary.t.giesen Wed, 02/29/2012 - 04:48

I know this one may be a little bit harder to justify as the product is EoS, but is there any chance of getting stencils for the WS-C6503 Catalyst 6503 chassis (non-E) and associated power supplies?

gustm Wed, 02/29/2012 - 05:10

I think there is no remarkable outer diference between non-E and E chassis. Has it sense?

gary.t.giesen Wed, 02/29/2012 - 06:04

Well there's no stencil for the 6503-E either, so maybe we could get both done (with all related power supplies).

gary.t.giesen Sat, 03/03/2012 - 04:18

I also now have a requirement for the UC500 series stencils. Is there any way we can get these fulfilled?

UC520-8U-4FXO-K9 (the single posted stencil is actually UC520W-8U-4FXO-K9)

UC520-8U-2BRI-K9

UC520W-8U-K9/J

UC540W-FXO-K9

UC540W-BRI-K9

UC560-FXO-K9

UC560-BRI-K9

UC560-T1E1-K9

ACS-UC500RM-19= (Rackmount kit, I suggest make it attachable to connection points on the side of the UC500 stenciles)

brenewma Tue, 03/06/2012 - 17:57

Hi Gary,

I just contacted the product group about this request.  As usual, I can't predict what they will authorize but I wanted you to know that they've been informed.

Regards,

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Production

Visimation Inc.

gary.t.giesen Tue, 03/06/2012 - 19:39

Brett.

Thanks for the update. As usual, we all appreciate your prompt replies and hard work to get these done.

Cheers!

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

mdafforn Mon, 03/12/2012 - 08:03

I've seen a few requests for front / back views of the cisco1921, can we start that one down the path?

The only stencils in the 1900 series now are the 1941.

Thanks

Mike

brenewma Mon, 03/12/2012 - 14:34

Hi Mike,

I'm working on finding a contact in the product group to ask for authorization.

Regards,

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Production

Visimation Inc.

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted March 3, 2011 at 10:13 AM
Stats:
Replies:159 Avg. Rating:5
Views:33347 Votes:0
Shares:0