cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to request missing Visio stencils?

gary.t.giesen
Level 1
Level 1

There are several Visio stencils that are missing from the library that I need. They're important to me (and I imagine others want them too) as I need to do rack elevation diagrams. I hate to open a TAC case on them but not sure what else to do. Any thoughts?

The stencils I require are:

ASA5510 (Rear view - the side with the interfaces)

ME-C6524GT-8S (Rear view - the side with the power supplies) - 24 Ethernet - 10/100/1000 interfaces + 8 Gigabit Ethernet SFP uplinks, 1 fan tray

PWR-400W-AC - 400W AC power supply for the Cisco ME 6524

PWR-400W-DC - 400W DC power supply for the Cisco ME 6524

ME-C3750-24TE-M (Rear View - the side with the power supplies) - Cisco Catalyst 3750 Metro

PWR-ME3750-AC - Cisco Catalyst 3750 Metro Switch Primary AC power supply

PWR-ME3750-DC - Cisco Catalyst 3750 Metro Switch Primary AC power supply

Cheers

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Gary,

I requested funding for the rear views but the product group approved only the front views.  If you would like to post a justification I will forward it to them to see if they will reconsider.  Customer input is always taken seriously and I can be more effective with that kind of backup from the field.

Regards,

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Production

Visimation Inc.

www.shapesource.com

View solution in original post

210 Replies 210

Beverly Fannion
Level 1
Level 1

Your request for Visio images of these specific Cisco har

dware products will be forwarded to the individual product owners requesting they sponsor

creation of Visio images.

Beverly,

Thanks for the prompt response. I know this will be a difficult question to answer, but do you have any idea how long this process typically takes? Weeks? Months? Years? Also, is the request likely to be granted or is there a great deal of justification that must be done internally at Cisco to get Visio stencils created?

Gary,

Unfortunately I can not guarantee exactly how long it will take to create all of these Visio images.  We are searching for the product owners of each to request they sponsor creation of the Visio.  We will do our best to have them posted within a months time.

Hello Beverly,

Any update on the stencils for the 6524 ME series switches?  I am actually in need of the ME-C6524GS-8S.

Thank you,

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer,

My company handles Cisco's Visio stencil production.  The C6524GS-8S is on the Switches-ME Series stencil posted at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/prod_cat_visios.html.  It's been there since April 13 of this year so if you haven't recently downloaded that stencil, please do so and you should find it there.  If not, please let me know at brettn@visimation.com so I can troubleshoot the problem, but I just checked it to verify.

Regards,

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Development

Visimation Inc.

www.shapesource.com

Thanks Brett, I found them!

Jennifer Berquist

AT&T Labs

813-402-5222

jyoung9@att.com

Brett,

I found the stencils very useful.  I needed, in particular, the 3750x and found it here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/assets/visio/product_visio_icon0900aecd8009b2de.zip.

It includes excellent rear views, with connetion points on the Ethernet and stacking ports.  It also shows only one power supply and a blank cover on the space where the second one would go.

I was hoping to find a redundant power supply in the stencil that I could snap in on the switch, but there is none.  Is it available?

Thanks,

Bruce

Bruce,

Thank you for your positive responses after finding the Cisco product shape you were looking for. I will advise our Visio production staff (Bret) of you request so an internal sponsor can be advised of your request and approve creation of this shape.

Thanks.

Bruce

Cell: 678.982.8335

Office: 404.573.5959

Hughes Telematics, Sys Ops<>

Hello,

We need you help for a Cisco ASA 5505 visio template

thank you

try this one, its got the 5505

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/assets/visio/products_visio_icon0900aecd8050a7d7.zip

@PivotalPete "The only stupid question is the one you don't Ask." - A uni lecturer I had once Check Out our offerings at: http://www.pivotalnetworks.co.uk

Dear Beverly,

Please also include the options modules for the 3750x switches:

<>

Thanks,

Bruce

Cell: 678.982.8335

Office: 404.573.5959

Hughes Telematics, Sys Ops<>

Hi Bruce,

I just wanted you to know that your request is being worked on.  We've had a high volume of Visiio production requests at Cisco the past several months so our delivery time is longer than I'd like so I apologize for that.  I expect the Catalyst 3750x shapes done within the next two weeks. Feel free to contact me directly brettn@visimation.com if you have any specific input.

Regards,

Brett

Hello,

I've found pretty much everything I was looking for so far, but i'm missing those: Catalyst 4500 Series module WS-X4612-SFP-E, WLC-5508 Wireless Controller, Aironet Access point 1040, 1130, 1260, and Catalyst 3560 WS-C3560-12-PC-S.

Is there a way for me to get access to those Visio stencils?

Thanks in advance,

Philip

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: