Helpful
Replies

Sig Update Error

quintin.hassell
Level 1
Level 1

I'm getting the following error when

attempting to upgrade the signature file on a SSM-20:

"Cannot parse the current config for the component signature definition instance sig0"

5 Replies 5

michael.clark
Level 1
Level 1

I am getting this exact same error when attempting to update signatures on our IDSM-2 modules.

This has happened on the last two signature definitions, S550 & S551, our IDSM-2 engine version is 7.0(2)E4.

Does anyone have a quick fix for this before I raise the issue in a TAC case?

Cheers

I have the same engine version as you do. I have a TAC case open.

They had me reboot my module. Didn't fix it. I'll let you know if they come up with a solution for me.

We are getting the same issue accross the board with our AIP-SSM cards.

Looks like restoring default sig values then manually updating works.  Bit of a pain as we have over 35 units to complete this on.....

Just hope it's not a regular thing .

Saving your current config and defaulting the sigs, then restoring will work. Also I was advised to try defaulting sig 23899/0 and then trying the update. I'm going to try that tonight to see if it works.

Aibek197938
Level 1
Level 1

Signature update S567 has the permanent fix for the issue. Update to S567 (or later) to correct the issue. Reset 23899.0 to its default settings prior to updating.

OR

Change signature 23899.0 to the default settings, for example:

# conf t

(config)# service signature-definition sig0

(config-sig)# default signatures 23899 0

(config-sig)# exit

(config)# exit

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: