cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can UC500 be integrated with Unity Connection?

Mario Garcia
Level 3
Level 3

I am looking to integrate a UC500 with Unity Connection.  Is this possible?

Thanks,

Mario

7 Replies 7

Mario Garcia
Level 3
Level 3

I have found documentation regarding integrating CME via SIP trunk with Unity Connection release 7.x, so in theory since the UC500 runs CME it should work.

Any feedback from anyone that has tried to make this work before?

The reason for the integration is we are looking for some voice mail features that only Unity provides.

Thanks,

Mario

Hi Mario;

This is a non supported configuration, which means it may work but it is not documented, tested or supported.UC500 includes Cisco Unity Express as default voicemail.

Regards
Alberto

Hi Mario,

Since the UC-500 does run CME it would possible connect to it, but you need to consider that if there are any issues you will not get support for it, on the other hand if you were to install an ISR such as the 2800 series you could then get full Cisco TAC support, consider looking at the 2811 which should be not far of the UC560 price and will give you want you want.

Can I ask what features you are wanting in Unity? Are you certain they are not available with Unity Express??

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi David,

The customer wants to keep cost down where they can.  This is why they want to go with a UC560, which allows for 500 series phones and ESW or 300 series switches to be used. 

If we do go with a CME on and ISR 2900 series, then we move up to the 7900 series phones and also jump up to Catalyst switches (this is the Cisco model, no SMB switches with CME on ISR, even though it works with SMB switches).

The customer wants Speechview, basically they want their voicemails transcribed to text

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6789/ps5745/ps6509/ps10671/data_sheet_c78-609206.html

Regards,
Mario

Hi Mario,

OK with the speech-2-text then there is no work around on CUE sadly

Would they consider VoiceMail-2-Email?? This would get delivered to an inbox of their choosing and is provided in .WAV format, on top of that you can listen to it on a mobile device as the bulk of mobiles out in the market place support .WAV files, it is not the same as speech-2-text but it might be the next best thing.

And I fully understand about cost, it is the key driver these days with the decision making process and often far to hard to argue with

Also consider becoming UC Express certified, this might allow you then to get CLI support which I believe might be provided by TAC and not SMB support (Needs clarification), with UC express certification you are not completely governed by the CCA ruling.

Good luck with what ever decision you make.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi David,

Voicemail to text is what they want since they are attorneys and listening to a voicemail is not always convenient.  I guess I should have mentioned that we are AUC.  The reason I am trying to keep with CCA is because the customer wants to use OM to reduce on service calls.  They saw a demo at a SMB event of OM and they asked for it.  It has been explained to them using Unity Connection removes the voicemails administration from OM.

It is my understanding and past expereince that if you go away from CCA then OM does not work.

OM is not a deal breaker, just thought I would reach out to the community to see if anyone else had experience with UC500 and Unity Connection.

Thanks for the feedback

Mario

Hey Guys :-)

You are very technically savvy and I am inspired with the creativity I see in threads out here.    But please keep in mind that there is a concept of Software Bundle and Software Pack for UC500.   This is the way we mange to support it in small business and with the CCA and OM.  I understand you are aware of going this on your own, but must warn of the risks of mixing and integrating non bundled and non tested components.  It will not likely no be supported.

Steve

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: