Views
Helpful
Replies

Desktop Monitoring only one way recorded

goranpilat
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I am using UCCX 8.0 and CAD 8.0.2. I configured Desktop monitoring to record the calls (call-flow recording), plugged laptop in the back of the phone. I see recordings on the UCCX. However, when I transfer them to the laptop, I can see that only one way is recorded (sometimes To.raw, sometimes From.raw). The other file is 1kb.  This happens on two laptops so I dont think that NIC is an issue here... Has anybody faced this??

Best regards

Goran

2 Replies 2

anubhati
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Goran,

I am litle bit confused with this statement "plugged laptop in the back of the phone. I see recordings on the UCCX. However, when I transfer them to the laptop, I can see that only one way is recorded"

Can you eleborate on this one please - Also for monitoring and recording it is recomeneded to have phone daisy chained with the laptop (phones network port should be directly connected to laptop or workstation of agent)

Anyhow this looks to be a issue were one way audio is being dropped in the network. You might have to run wireshark to figure out were the packets are being dropped.

Regards

Anuj

Hi Anuj,

What I ment is exactly what you said , that my agent's laptop is plugged into the network port of the switch. When I SFTP them to my laptop, I can see that either To.raw or From.raw is only 1kb (no rule if it is from.raw or to.raw). So I dont think it is the network problem since sometimes one direction is working and sometimes other (but never both)

regards,