Views
Helpful
Replies

VSM 6.3.1 & VSOM 6.3.1 can work with NVR

hisham.khreisat
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I hope to get an answer of my question, Can we add NVR (Network Video Recorder) system to the VSM solution , it is compatabile with this system.

I have a simple diagram here maybe can help to understand the issue, if anyone have any idea, best practice solution, please advice.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jfiranzi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Hisham,

If I understand your question and Visio diagram correctly, you want to know if it is possible to add a 3rd party NVR as part of your VSM solution.  Edge cameras connect and record to the NVR, is this correct?

This would not be a solution compatible with VSM, as VSOM configures proxies and pulls live and archived video only from a VSMS server, and would not be capable of setting up a video stream from a client PC to one of the cameras connected to the NVR.  You would instead have to rely on the network functionality of the NVR itself to view archives or live feeds.

I hope I fully understood your question and use case,

Jim

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

jfiranzi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Hisham,

If I understand your question and Visio diagram correctly, you want to know if it is possible to add a 3rd party NVR as part of your VSM solution.  Edge cameras connect and record to the NVR, is this correct?

This would not be a solution compatible with VSM, as VSOM configures proxies and pulls live and archived video only from a VSMS server, and would not be capable of setting up a video stream from a client PC to one of the cameras connected to the NVR.  You would instead have to rely on the network functionality of the NVR itself to view archives or live feeds.

I hope I fully understood your question and use case,

Jim

Thank you very much, this is a very helpful information for me, It was hard to find inforamtion about this topic to answer my customer questions about this issue.

Thank you again

Hisham Khreisat

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: