cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VPN Client: Server Download Error

garrethmtt
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to download a copy of the Cisco VPN Client from tools.

The server is giving the following error:

"CPR_SERVLET_ERROR, There was a problem while invoking the CPR servlet from K9 api."

Its been like this all day.

Could someone from Cisco get their finger our and have this fixed?

If you're not up to speed on webservers, maybe you could get a jobber from elance.com or rentacoder.com to take a look. They only charge about $10 an hour. Presumably some budget is available given what you charge for support contracts.

G

3 Replies 3

garrethmtt
Level 1
Level 1

So anyway, Cisco have told me that I'm not allowed to download this software.

I'm allowed to login, put the software in my cart, tick the T&Cs etc, but when I go to download, that isn't allowed. I am not told that I am not allowed download (let alone why) because apparently it makes more sense to give me sort cryptic API error message.

Why am I not allowed download?

I bought a Cisco router with a service contract.

A few months later, I bought an extra license for the Cisco IOS Security Pack, so that I could set up VPNs. I have several VPNs set up and working, and had an older copy of the 32bit client which is also working.

However, I now need a copy of the 64bit client, but can only get that from Cisco.

However, since my support contract was purchased prior to my Security Pack license, I can't download the software.

So I have a Cisco Router with a Security enabled IOS, which I paid an arm and a leg for, but I am not allowed download the VPN Client Software.

It would be funny if it wasn't so bogus.

G

Hi,

I understand your problem. but you need to have a valid software download contract to download the softwares.

Please contact your accounts manager regarding the issue.

Regards,

Anisha.

1. I don't have a Cisco Account Manager. I own only 1 Cisco product, which I bought through a reseller.

2. Why doesn't the web application tell you you can't download the software, instead of giving you stupid API error that suggests there is a technical problem?

3. Why bother? The client is available to download from various University websites, which is where I got it in the end.

Seemingly, Cisco think that the only people whose time is valuable is themselves.

This isn't the the 1980s. There are plenty of companies making excellent networking hardware, none of which involves this level of kludge. Cisco won't be getting anymore of my money.

G.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: