cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC7: Media Master Control bar does not record or play

michael_luo
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using Unity Connection 7.1.2.  I was trying to record names with PCA (or UC Admin) web page.  I specified the phone and play/record device.  However, when I click on the record button, nothing happens.

I've read the following link, but couldn't find anything obvious.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/405/troubleshooting/guide/ex/tsg_1500.html#wp1088111

Is there another way to troubleshoot this?

Thanks!

Michael

10 Replies 10

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Mike,

Double check your Java.  I've seen issues where the latest and greatest either fixes it, or breaks it   Does this work at all on any administrative pages outside of PCA?  For example, recording a call handler or user's greeting/recorded name?  That'll give you a better idea of how global the issue is.  Try it also on another PC to see if the behavior is the same.

Brad

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Michael,

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but, did you configure any of your Ports in UC for TRAP??

Answer Calls - When a call is forwarded to UC these Ports answer the call and play the user Greeting;

Check this check box to designate the port for answering calls. These calls can be incoming calls from unidentified callers or from subscribers.

Message Notification - Call to Outcall device (like Mobile) to indicate new messages for Subscriber;

Check this check box to designate the port for notifying subscribers of messages. Assign Message Notification to the least busy ports.

Dialout MWI - Must have to turn On/Off the RED Message Lamps

Check this check box to designate the port for turning MWIs on and off. Assign Dialout MWI Requests to the least busy ports.

**TRAP Connection - TRAP Connection - One such application is the Media Master Control;

Check this check box so that subscribers can use the phone as a recording and playback device in Cisco Unity web applications and e-mail clients. Assign TRAP Connection to the least busy ports.

Cheers!

Rob

Brad and Bob,

Thanks for the replay.  Yes, I have TRAP set (see attachment).

Is there any troubleshooting steps (traces, debug, packet cpature) we can take to narrow down the problem?

Or it's just "uninstall/reinstall Java" and "try another PC" approach?

Thanks!

Michael

It's going to be the latter... trial and error.

Brad

Hi -

I love these troubleshooting opportunities!  To add to the multitude of experts here :-)

Another place to check in CUC is the Phone System Basics page.

Default TRAP Phone System:

Check this check box when you want to use this phone system as the  default for TRAP connections so that administrators and users without  voicemail boxes can record and playback through the phone in Cisco Unity  Connection web applications.

Uncheck this check box when you want to use another phone system as the default for TRAP connections.

Default setting: Check box not checked.

I see you had the troubleshooting link - did you confirm DCOM is enabled on the user's PC?  You can run DCOMCNFG to validate.  On more than one occasion, I found this to be the problem.  For troubleshooting, I recommend RTMT for Unity Connection and review the log files.  You can also enable micro tracing for TRaP via Serviceability.  Here is a link to the tracing guide - look for TRaP - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/serv_administration/guide/7xcucservag030.html

Sincerely,

Ginger

Thanks for the info.  The phone system was the default TRAP switch.  How do tell if DCOM was enabled from the DCOMCNFG GUI?  Please see attachements.

Thanks!

Michael

Hi -

From the DCOMCNFG console as in the picture you posted, right-click My Computer and select Properties.  Select the Default Properties tab.

The Enable Distributed COM on this computer should be checked.

Regards, Ginger

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Ginger,

Excellent tips my friend! +5 for this and for your new Vlog

Cheers!

Rob

ShashankCisco
Level 1
Level 1

qwerty

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

ShashankCisco
Level 1
Level 1

qwerty

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: