cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC Webauth - Keeps Making Us Sign In

pugs17211721
Level 1
Level 1

We have a 4402 wlc setup for guest network access. We are using the local net users to provide access to our guests. We have an issue where if a user signs in through the web, sometimes but not always, they are then forced to keep signing back in almost every 30-60 seconds. Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dmantill
Level 4
Level 4

http://www.abc-machine-embroidery-designs.com/images/Card_Writers/Ultimate_Box_Plus_Software_Upgrade.gif

Perform Software upgrade on your WLCs... at least the latest 4.2

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

ben-donovan
Level 1
Level 1

Sounds to me like your users are hitting thier session limit and timing out, requiring a re-auth.

Start by looking in WLAN -> (Your Guest WLAN) -> Advanced -> Enable Session TImeout

Session timeout is 30 minutes normally. Not 30-60 seconds...

Is this happening in a particular area?

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Even if they get disconnected, they shouldn't be prompted for re-authentication ... strange.

Can you mention WLC version maybe ?

pugs17211721
Level 1
Level 1

Session timeout is not enabled.

This is happening on several ap's in different locations though out our area as well.

We are currently running 4.2.61.0.

Running WLC 4.2.61 is like running Windows XP without service pack. I would advise to go for 4.2.209 as a trillion bugs have been fixed in between, several could explain your problem :-)

Nicolas

dmantill
Level 4
Level 4

http://www.abc-machine-embroidery-designs.com/images/Card_Writers/Ultimate_Box_Plus_Software_Upgrade.gif

Perform Software upgrade on your WLCs... at least the latest 4.2

pugs17211721
Level 1
Level 1

We are working on upgrading to 4.2.207 . I will have to schedule the outage with our customers. This is as high as we can go due to th fact that we have 1510's associated to this wlc. I will everyone know how the upgrade goes.

sorry for the delay in answering this. This was updated and the problem seems to be corrected. Thanks for all of your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: