This discussion is locked

ASK THE EXPERTS - LMS with Cisco experts Svetlana Radzevich and Geert Cober

Unanswered Question
Mar 25th, 2011

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

Welcome to the Cisco Support Community Ask the Expert conversation. This is an opportunity to learn how to install, maintain, operate and troubleshoot CiscoWorks LAN Management solution with Cisco experts Svetlana Radzevich and Geert Cober. Svetlana has been a customer support engineer at the Cisco Technical Assistance Center in the Network Management team for five years. She holds a bachelor's degree in computer science from Tomsk Polytechnical University, Russia, and a master's degree in computer science from Saarland University, Germany. Geert is also a customer support engineer at the Cisco Technical Assistance Center. He currently works in the Network Management team, supporting customers on the Cisco LAN Management Solution (LMS), Cisco Unified Operations Manager, Cisco Network Analysis Module, Simple Network Management Protocol, and Cisco IOS IP Service Level Agreements technology. He has 10 years experience in troubleshooting Cisco LMS and has delivered multiple sessions on deploying and troubleshooting Cisco LMS at Cisco Live.

Remember to use the rating system to let   know if you have received an adequate response.

Geert and Svetlana might not be able to answer each question due to the volume expected during this event. Remember that you can continue the conversation on the Network Management discussion forum shortly after the event. This event lasts through April 8, 2011. Visit this forum often to view responses to your questions and the questions of other community members.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Average Rating: 4.7 (10 ratings)
Marvin Rhoads Fri, 03/25/2011 - 12:17

Hello,

Thanks for the Ask the Experts forum.

Why would my Ciscoworks LMS 4.0.1 be causing the following:

Mar 25 18:28:32.801 GMT: %PARSER-5-CFGLOG_LOGGEDCMD: User:ciscoworks  logged command:!exec: enable failed

I see the message over and over - several per minute.

The device having this issue is a 2811 running IOS Version 12.4(25b).

User "ciscoworks" is a RO user defined in TACACS. I haven't noticed the log message on other devices managed by this server. Those deivces use the same TACACS server and have the same vty acls.

gcober Mon, 03/28/2011 - 01:37

Hi,

The syslog message indicates that the config logger is enabled on the device and LMS is trying to enter enable mode. LMS expects to have privilege level 15 on the devices. If you would like to avoid these messages, you can increase the privilige level for the ciscoworks user to 15 on the TACACS server, or you can disable the config logger on the device.

You may not see the same syslog message on the other devices if the config logger is not enabled or if the device software does not support config logger.

Geert

steve_warren Fri, 03/25/2011 - 15:02

Is it possible for me to configure LMS 4.0 to use the hostname as the device name in DFM?

Can I configure lms to send the hostname of device in a fault notification email.

Svetlana Radzevich Mon, 03/28/2011 - 05:45

Hi Steve,

if you have DNS server where all devices are configured, you could try the following:

1. stop the CiscoWorks

2. open discovery.conf file under $NMSRoot\objects\smarts\conf\discovery and change:

NameFormat = "TM_USESEEDNAME"
#NameFormat = "TM_USEAUTONAME"

to

#NameFormat = "TM_USESEEDNAME"
NameFormat = "TM_USEAUTONAME"

3. start the CiscoWorks and once all processes are up rediscover the device.

You could include the devicename/ip address in the Fault email subject under Admin -> Network -> Notification and Action Settings -> Fault - E-mail subject customization.

Svetlana

steve_warren Mon, 03/28/2011 - 15:32

Hi Svetlana,

Thanks for your reply.

The devices are not in DNS. The device names are shown in DCR but the device name in DFM is the IP address. As a result when the alerts are send the ip address for the device is shown in the device name section of the email.

What is a user defined field?

I saw a user-defined field in the alert customization and I was wondering if I could create a user-defined field to capture the hostname of a device and send this on the fault email alert.

However i realised I cannot edit a user define field under Admin > Network > Device Credential Settings > User Defined Fields

Svetlana Radzevich Tue, 03/29/2011 - 03:26

Hi Steve,

DCR supports up to 10 user-defined fields. These fields are used to store additional user-defined data for a device. For instance, you could store the hostname of the device as user defined field if you wish. LMS initially provides four user-defined fields. You can add up to 10 user-defined fields as needed under Admin > Network > Device Credential Settings > User Defined Fields.

In order to specify the value for the user-defined field you should go to Inventory -> Device Administration -> Add/Import/Manage Devices, specify a device and click "Edit Credentials" button. The fifth step in Edit credentials are "User Defined Fields"

Svetlana

Michel Hegeraat Fri, 03/25/2011 - 23:46

Hi Svetlana, Hi Geert,

Is there a way to rediscover a device in DFM using cli?

Regarding the thirdparty device support in LMS4, is there anything new in Campus and DFM?

Cheers,

Michel

Svetlana Radzevich Mon, 03/28/2011 - 04:36

Hi Michel,

to rediscover the device you need:

1. to verify which DFM instance is monitoring your device (DFM or DFM1):

$NMSRoot\objects\smarts\bin>  dmctl -s DFM geti ICIM_UnitaryComputerSystem

$NMSRoot\objects\smarts\bin> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} dmctl -s DFM1 geti ICIM_UnitaryComputerSystem

2. attach dmctl to DFM or DFM1:

$NMSRoot\objects\smarts\bin> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} dmctl -s DFM

DFM default password is admin/admin

3. run the command:

dmctl> invoke ICF_TopologyManager::ICF-TopologyManager rediscover Router::

dmctl> invoke ICF_TopologyManager::ICF-TopologyManager rediscover Switch::

Regarding the thirdparty device support - I am not aware about any changes. You could check the supported devices in LMS 4.0 at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4.0/device_support/table/lms40sdt.html

Svetlana

Michel Hegeraat Mon, 03/28/2011 - 05:14

Thank you Svetlana,

Your explanation for DFM is very clear.

I'm thinking of using the same "automated actions" mechanism used to trigger a new inventory collection to do the a rediscovery on the DFM side.

The supported devices table only mentions cisco devices.

The doc  https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-14507   mentions device that are recognized by LMS.

I was hoping there might be more info somewhere on what the rest of LMS can do with these devices. E.g. RME being able to detect inventory changes, or Campus to see where a device is connected

Cheers,

Michel

Michel Hegeraat Mon, 03/28/2011 - 04:15

Few more questions:

I have a number of devices working apparently fine in all LMS applications except DFM.

After having removed the discovered the SNMP v3 engineID from the DCR on request of the TAC, I'm now adding it again, again on request of the TAC but without the ":" colon symbols that we in there.

What is the purpose of these engineID's and what is the impact of having a static engineID in the DCR, if there is any impact?

We use 2 nexus 7000's as the default gateway routers for a network. I noticed a patch is available for LMS 3.2 but the description is not visible for me.

Do I need a similar path for LMS 4?

I know that in SNMP v3 we need to define a SNMP context to read the mac table for that VLAN for usertracking.

Do I need the same context to read the ARP table per VLAN or has this remained generic?

I'm still looking to see how to create the snmp context on the NEXUS 7K. If you have any hints or can confirm it can't be done please say so.

Later is not LMS so I'll go find another tree to bark at 

gcober Mon, 03/28/2011 - 04:44

Hi Michel,

The SNMP EngineID is used to identify the snmp agent. If you leave the EngineID empty in DCR, LMS needs to discover the EngineID of the device before it can perform any snmp requests. This means that you will have one extra snmp request and one extra reply when you leave the EngineID blank. If you manually add the EngineID in DCR, LMS can poll the device without having to discover the EngineID.

Can I have the name of the patch that you mentioned, so I can look it up?

There is no need to add the vlan contexts in order to read the ARP table. You need to add the vlan context to read the bridge tables on your switches because switches keep a separate forwarding table for every vlan. There is only one ARP table, so there is no need for vlan contexts.

Geert

Michel Hegeraat Mon, 03/28/2011 - 05:21

Geert,

Can the EngineID change? And what will happen if an old EngineID is still in the DCR?

Cheers,

Michel

gcober Mon, 03/28/2011 - 06:12

Hi Michel,

The EngineID does not change automatically, but you can change it manually in IOS with the snmp-server engineID command:

(config)#snmp-server engineID local ?
  WORD  engine ID octet string

When the EngineID changes, you need to update the EngineID in DCR as well (or leave it blank to let LMS discover the EngineID).

Geert

gcober Mon, 03/28/2011 - 06:08

Hi Michel,

The patch adds UserTracking support for Nexus 7K. The Nexus 7K platform was not supported in user tracking. The patch allows User tracking to collect end hosts and ip phones connected to Nexus 7K devices. The fix is also included in LMS 4.0.1.

I've made the CSCtl10414 bug public. You should be able to view the bug details on cisco.com when the bug toolkit gets updated.

Geert

Marvin Rhoads Mon, 03/28/2011 - 06:18

I have an ASR 1002 running IOS-XE 12.2(33)XNE2. As I understand it, the second memory pool (lsmp_io) should normally be almost entirely allocated. That is, something like this:

cv-wstn-edge-01#sh mem summary
                Head    Total(b)     Used(b)     Free(b)   Lowest(b)  Largest(b)
Processor   2C084008   726739464   237823980   488915484   477714384   476528380
lsmpi_io   577C61D0     6295088     6294120         968         968         968

However, DFM does not like the looks of that condition and thus reports:

Event_Description
    InsufficientFreeMemory
Device IP
Device Type
    Routers
Fault Last Updated At
    25-Mar-2011 03:03:54
Component
    MEM-cv-wstn-edge-01.wstn.net.real.com/14 [lsmpi_io]
Component Class
    Memory
Component Event Code
Event Category
    SystemHardware
Event Source
    DFM
Free Memory
    0 KB
Free Memory Pct
    .000 %
Free Memory Threshold
Total Memory
    6147 KB

Is there a way to suppress that alarm or tune it for that type of memory only? I know I can change the threshold value for ALL types of memory but that would prevent me from getting legitimate memory-related faults on non-IOS-XE devices.

Svetlana Radzevich Mon, 03/28/2011 - 06:43

Hi,

you are right, the amount of free memory on lsmp_io memory pool is very low. However, it is  not possible to tune DFM to stop reporting insufficient memory only for this type of memory.

Svetlana

Michal_Kepien Mon, 03/28/2011 - 06:30

Greetings,

I have a few questions regarding LMS 4.0 after spending some time exploring the evaluation version.

1. Is there any way to permanently unmanage some devices, so that LMS won't try to download their configuration, yet it will still keep track of their availability? I keep unmanaging devices using Inventory > Manage Device State, getting this message every time:

"Any subsequent change to Manage All Devices option or a change in Policy in  Manage By Groups option will move the Unmanaged devices to managed state. Do you  wish to continue?"

I click "Yes", of course, and the devices are switched to "unmanaged", but after some time they return to the managed state and the config collection job fails. I'm not using any custom Device Groups at all so I have no clue as for the reason why the devices switch back to managed state.

2. For some reason, Reports > Contract Connection only worked for me until I restarted the LMS machine for the first time after completing installation. Since then, after entering my CCO credentials, I get the following error message:

"CCX0005:You do not have Cisco Services contracts registered to your Cisco.com  user ID. Register your contracts with the Cisco Service Contract Center and try  again. For more information, refer to Contract Connection FAQ in the Appendix of  the user guide Administration of CiscoWorks LMS"

I *do* have contracts registered to my user ID. Even better, Contract Connection worked fine shortly after installation, now it won't talk to me. Is that a known issue? Are there any workarounds? I've tried several other CCO IDs as well, to no avail.

3. Is there any way to generate an e-mail once a certain SNMP trap has been received for a given host? So far I have only managed to generate e-mails upon receival of a specific SYSLOG message, but that's not what I want.

4. Is there any correlation between Cisco Security Manager (CSM) and LMS? AFAIK, they share the Resource Manager Essentials module, but apart from that, do these two products share any features? I can't test drive CSM right now and basically I would like to know if there is any point installing CSM when you already have LMS running.

Thanks in advance for your support!

gcober Mon, 03/28/2011 - 07:21

Hi Michal,

You can enable and disable certain management functions like Topology, Usertracking, Faults and IPSLA under Admin> System> Device Management Functions, but these settings apply to all the devices. You cannot enable or disable these management functions for only some of the devices.

If you would like to disable the configuration archive for some of the devices, you can disable the Periodic Polling and Periodic Collection under Admin> Collection Settings> Config> Config Collection Settings. Then go to Configuration> Configuration Archive> Synchronization and only select the devices that you would like to archive. Select Run Type: Daily or Weekly to make the config archive periodic.

For the contract connection issue, try logging into the following urls with your cco account:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/front.x/conconx/conx_userinfo.pl

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/front.x/cconx/conx_userinfo.pl

These urls should show you your contracts. If not, then the problem is with your cco account, not LMS and I would recommend to contact your account manager or web-help@cisco.com.

You can have LMS generate an email when a fault condition occurs on a certain device. First go to Admin> Network> Notification and Action Settings> Fault Notification Group to select the devices and faults that you are interested in and then go to Admin> Network> Notification and Action Settings> Fault - Email notification to set up the email recipients. Please note however that LMS will only send an email when it receives a trap that it processes (environment traps, linkup/down traps, etc.). You cannot configure LMS to send all traps as email notifications. Here is a list of traps that LMS processes:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4.0/user/guide/monitoring_troubleshooting/TrapFwd.html

LMS and CSM only share Common Services and RME. Other than that, they are separate products with separate functions.

Geert

Michal_Kepien Wed, 03/30/2011 - 01:24

Hi Geert,

Thank you for your precise answers, they were very helpful. I have one more question about LMS & CSM. Suppose there is a machine powerful enough to run LMS & CSM at the same time. Would these two work together on one workstation? Or are they using the same ports (or at least a subset of ports) etc. and thus have to be installed on separate hosts?

gcober Wed, 03/30/2011 - 06:40

Hi Machal,

We do not support running LMS and CSM on the same server. The problem is not just with port conflicts, but also with the Common Services versions. LMS usually supports a later version of Common Services than CSM. So if you have LMS and CSM using the same Common Services then you will not be able to upgrade your LMS until CSM supports the same Common Services version.

A better option is to run VMWare on the server and install LMS and CSM in a separate virtual machine.

Geert

Marvin Rhoads Mon, 03/28/2011 - 07:22

Thanks for the great help so far.

DFM appears to poll every IP interface on the discovered devices. My problem is that I have a number of interfaces that are, by design, not routable remotely (i.e., including to my LMS server). Currently all of those interfaces are reported as faults in DFM. Can I "unmanage" individual IP interfaces while continuing to monitor reachability of the device?

gcober Mon, 03/28/2011 - 08:11

Hi,

You can disable the IP address monitoring for each interface through Detailed Device View:

- Go to DFM > Device Management > Device Details

- Select the device

- Click View

- Click on the device name to open Detailed Device View

- Select InterfaceStatus -> Interface

- Set the Managed State of the IP addresses that are not routable to False

- Click Submit

Geert

Marvin Rhoads Mon, 03/28/2011 - 09:07

Geert,

Awesome. That worked perfectly. Thanks!

Marvin Rhoads Mon, 03/28/2011 - 16:05

Thanks for your earlier suggestions regarding DFM.

Now that I have my faults pared down to the important ones, I am wondering why the fault listing / table (19 faults, no filters applied) does not match the banner in LMS. I'm talking about the little banner - screen shot attached - at the top center of LMS. It indicates 62 faults despite the fact that I only have 19.

gcober Tue, 03/29/2011 - 00:08

Hi,

Instead of clicking on the alarms link in the faults bar, try listing the alarms with Monitor> Monitoring Tools> Fault Monitor> Device Fault Summary View. The number of faults should be the same. Please note that the faults bar only counts the active alarms and only refreshes every 60 seconds.

Geert

Marvin Rhoads Tue, 03/29/2011 - 02:50

Geert,

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately,I am continuing to see the same discrepancy when I list the alarms using the procedure you suggested (Monitor> Monitoring Tools> Fault Monitor> Device Fault Summary View).

At the moment my faults bar is showing 61 critical alarms while the listing only shows 19.

gcober Tue, 03/29/2011 - 05:57

Hi,

Try a restart of the Daemon Manager to force a refresh of the faults count. If that does not resolve the problem, I would recommend opening a TAC case against this so we can investigate this further.

Geert

gcober Tue, 03/29/2011 - 01:15

Hi Shiva,

LMS does not have the capability to fetch pre-shared keys from ASA devices. LMS uses the show running-config command to fetch the device configuration. Because the show running-config command encrypts the pre-shared key, you cannot view or deploy the pre-shared key with LMS. For example:

#show running-config

pre-shared-key *

As a workaround, you can configure a netconfig job (Configuration> Tools> NetConfig> Create> Ad hoc) that runs the 'more system:running-config' command on the ASA cli. For example:

#more system:running-config
pre-shared-key cisco

You can view the cli output from the Netconfig job browser. To deploy the pre-shared key, you can cut and paste the results of the Netconfig job onto the ASA cli or in another Netconfig job.

The following enhancement request has been opened against this:
http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCto14724

Geert

mmali Wed, 03/30/2011 - 01:59

Hi,

We are taking configuration back of ASA firewalls using Cisco works LMS

Everything works fine. Here is what we are trying to achieve

We would like to have the PRE-SHARED KEY (PSK) from the ASA configuration to be decrypted while Cisco works is taking automated backup.

For example: as of today when Cisco works takes any configuration backup, the PSK is encrypted.

Is it possible to add this command ( “more system:running-config”) in below cwcli command

cwcli config get -u userid -p password [-d debuglevel] [-m email] [-l logfile][-timeout seconds] [-filetype running|startup|runningstartup] { -device list | -view name | -device list -view name |-ipaddress list }

cwcli netshow createjob -u Username -p Password -customcmd " more system:running-config " -schedule Schedule -scheduletype Schedule Type

Cisco works LMS

Cisco ASA 5505, 5510 Version 8.2, ASDM version 6.2

Thanks

Mudassir

gcober Wed, 03/30/2011 - 03:54

The cwcli config and cwcli netshow commands do not support the “more system:running-config” command. This should get resolved when the CSCto14724 defect that I mentioned earlier gets fixed. Unfortunately, there is currently no release date for the fix.

Geert

ssengotaiyan Tue, 03/29/2011 - 00:36

HI

Thanks for your reply, I have version 3.0 cd not version 4.0.however i do have   lms-4-0-Win-eval-exe files which allow me to install only evalution copy. so i am bit confused now,

do i need to install version 3.0 and then update version 3 lincense and then update version 4.0 license. then how do i get all the features on LMS 4.0.

do i need to download any patch to install and upgrade from verison 3 to version 4.0

Your earliest response would be appreciated.

Regards

Selva

Svetlana Radzevich Tue, 03/29/2011 - 00:45

You need to install the LMS 4.0 evaluation version only. Once you have evaluation version you just need to apply the licenses (first major license for LMS 3.0 then upgrade license) to have a full licensed version of LMS 4.0.

ssengotaiyan Tue, 03/29/2011 - 00:51

Thanks svetlana

I will try this and update you the status. Also i will ask if i have any other queries on this installation.

SS

ssengotaiyan Tue, 03/29/2011 - 21:08

Hi

I have installed evalution 4 and updated 3.0 license and then updated upgrade license to 4.0. All looks good now, thanks for your help.

I am having problem on high cpu issues,. server is very slow performance now.

the process cwjava.exe trying to use 98 percent of cpu.

my server config is :

intel(r)Xenon(r) CPU E5345 @ 2.33GHz

7GB of RAM.

Please advise what need to be done to reduce the cpu load. it also varying from 75 to 98 % of cpu load only for cwjava.exe application.

Regards

SS

ssengotaiyan Thu, 03/31/2011 - 00:44

Hi Can you please help me to import hostname from dns server, i have added all my network devices in dns server, i am not sure how to add hostnames in device add menu, i want to all device names from dns server, please advise me how to achieve this.,

Regards

ss

kmong@trends Tue, 03/29/2011 - 00:52

I am currently configuring LMS 3.2 for a customer. What settings should be done in Campus Manager to be able to display the DFM alerts effectively in the Topology withouth manually performing data collection, or without adding the devices as Critical devices? How exactly does data collection and device poller work to be able to immediately display the DFM alerts in the topology?

Svetlana Radzevich Tue, 03/29/2011 - 01:28

In Order to configure Topology to display DFM alerts you need perform several steps:

1. Launch any Network Topology View.

2. Right click on the Topology map and choose DFM Alert Settings or Click View  -> DFM Alert Settings from the Topology Services menu.

The following settings are displayed:

•Critical

•Warning

•Informational

These settings are checked by default.

3. Uncheck the required setting, for which you do not want to display the information. For example if you want to display only Critical alerts, leave the Critical option checked and uncheck the other two options. The DFM Alert settings is client specific. Therefore, the settings are applied only for your Topology maps and N-Hop View portlet. Other users connected to the same Campus Manager server can choose their own settings.

4. Click Apply to save the settings. The settings are saved to the server.

5. Close all Topology Windows and relaunch Topology Services for the change to take effect.

kmong@trends Tue, 03/29/2011 - 02:39

Hi Svetlana,

I already did these steps. If for example, I disconnected a link between 2 switches, alert/event was detected by DFM saying that it is operationally down, this is a critical alert. How many minutes before the Topology displays the DFM alert (a critical icon and link would turn red)? On which setting does the topology rely for it to display the alerts immediately?

Svetlana Radzevich Tue, 03/29/2011 - 03:15

Hi,

Campus manager could not display the alert immediately. In order to display the alert, Campus Manager should poll DFM. You could configure the polling interval to any value between six minutes and fifty nine minutes, fifty nine seconds under: Campus Manager -> Administration -> Topology -> DFM Poller Settings.

Svetlana

naiduccnp Wed, 03/30/2011 - 04:45

Hi Geert,

I have cofnfigured one net-config job as per the work around which you mentioned in your previous post.
But the job getting failed wit the below error.

FailureCommand(s) failed on the device TELNET: Failed to establish TELNET connection to 67.259.xxx.xxx - Cause: connect timed out. Insufficient no. of interactive responses(or timeout) for command: more system:running-config. Could not synchronize RME archive with Device Config

Could you please what could be the worng.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Naidu.

gcober Wed, 03/30/2011 - 04:59

Hi Naidu,

Try adding a "term length 0" before running the "more system:running-config" command. Netconfig is probably getting stuck on the --more--

term length 0

more system:running-config

Also make sure you run the netconfig job in enable mode, not config mode.

Geert

naiduccnp Wed, 03/30/2011 - 05:15

Hi Greet,

Still it is not working... I did the following steps...

1. Selected one device from the device selector and select Adhoc from the Task selector Click on Next.

2. Added Instant with below commands.

term length 0
more system:running-config

And selected Enable mode.

3. I have not selected anything from "Job Options"

Please suggest me...

Regards,

Naidu.

gcober Wed, 03/30/2011 - 06:29

Hi Naidu,

Check the job results at Configuration> Job Browsers> NetConfig > Click on the job link > Failed Devices > Click on the failure link. The results should show you why the job is failing.

Also try the 'term length 0' and 'more system:running-config' commands on the ASA cli to check if the commands are working.

Geert

fercho2203 Wed, 03/30/2011 - 06:04

Hello,

I am having some problems to connect an ASA5510 with the ASDM.

I configured another ASA before with the same laptop, but now it is not connecting.

After you put the default address 192.168.1.1 on the asdm screen, you can see it is uploading some info but then it closes and doesn't connect.

Regards,

Fernando.

Svetlana Radzevich Wed, 03/30/2011 - 06:24

Hi Fernando,

your question is not related to the LMS and we could not answer it. Please post it on the NetPro forum under Security.

Svetlana

PETER GEEBAUER Wed, 03/30/2011 - 06:58

HI

We have Problems with ANI Server at Relaese LMS 4.0.1

The Ansi Server causes problems , so the user tracking and other functions don't work.When we restart the Server UTU APP works fine , so when we log into the server with weblogin the UTU APP don't work a few minutes later ,and in the LMS center we have probelms when we want open for example

discrepancies we get the message check Ani Server is running ,

Best Regards Peter

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted March 25, 2011 at 11:08 AM
Stats:
Replies:95 Avg. Rating:4.7
Views:17131 Votes:0
Shares:0
Categories: Cisco Prime
+