Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

Transfering Calls with DECT phone

Answered Question
Mar 31st, 2011
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2013 Small Business

Hi All,

As per the subject heading, if I was to put a cordless DECT phone into the FXS on the UC320, is there a way to transfer calls between other FXS based phones?

Cheers,

David.

Correct Answer by Christopher Edg... about 6 years 4 months ago

Hi David,

As long as your DECT phone has the ability to perform a hook flash you should be able to perform a consultative transfer.  Instructions should be the same as on a SPA301 phone using the Flash button.  If you want to do a blind transfer you will need a star (*) code to do that (*98).  You can find a list of the star code features in the UC320 Phone User Guide starting on page 70:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-14790

Thanks,

Chris

Overall Rating: 4 (2 ratings)
mcasimirc63 Thu, 03/31/2011 - 20:18
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Are you asking if the UC320 can facilitate this process or if the DECT phones have that ability?

David Trad Thu, 03/31/2011 - 20:30
User Badges:
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2013 Small Business

Hi Marcus,

For clarification:

This is if the UC-320 can facilitate it when using a DECT phone in the FXS port, I am trying to find out if there is a specific key sequence that can be used to allow for this to happen.

Hope that clears it up.

Cheers,

David.

mcasimirc63 Thu, 03/31/2011 - 20:45
User Badges:

Best buy, as an example uses Panasonic DECT phones for their various departments.  The DECT phones' base station connects to a VG224 > 3845 and then onto call manager.  The phones actually have the transfer functionality built into it.  I think the base station that the DECT phones connect to support that functionality because its not a feature that's available with every cordless phone.

Correct Answer
Christopher Edg... Fri, 04/01/2011 - 13:45
User Badges:

Hi David,

As long as your DECT phone has the ability to perform a hook flash you should be able to perform a consultative transfer.  Instructions should be the same as on a SPA301 phone using the Flash button.  If you want to do a blind transfer you will need a star (*) code to do that (*98).  You can find a list of the star code features in the UC320 Phone User Guide starting on page 70:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-14790

Thanks,

Chris

David Trad Fri, 04/01/2011 - 15:49
User Badges:
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2013 Small Business

Hi Chris,

That's the exact answer I was looking for, can you pleas point me to the UC320 documentation as the booklet that come with the unit is only a few pages long

Again thank you for you reply and to Marcus as well.

Cheers,

David.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Actions

This Discussion