Views
Helpful
Replies

Transfering Calls with DECT phone

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi All,

As per the subject heading, if I was to put a cordless DECT phone into the FXS on the UC320, is there a way to transfer calls between other FXS based phones?

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi David,

As long as your DECT phone has the ability to perform a hook flash you should be able to perform a consultative transfer.  Instructions should be the same as on a SPA301 phone using the Flash button.  If you want to do a blind transfer you will need a star (*) code to do that (*98).  You can find a list of the star code features in the UC320 Phone User Guide starting on page 70:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-14790

Thanks,

Chris

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

mcasimirc63
Level 4
Level 4

Are you asking if the UC320 can facilitate this process or if the DECT phones have that ability?

Hi Marcus,

For clarification:

This is if the UC-320 can facilitate it when using a DECT phone in the FXS port, I am trying to find out if there is a specific key sequence that can be used to allow for this to happen.

Hope that clears it up.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Best buy, as an example uses Panasonic DECT phones for their various departments.  The DECT phones' base station connects to a VG224 > 3845 and then onto call manager.  The phones actually have the transfer functionality built into it.  I think the base station that the DECT phones connect to support that functionality because its not a feature that's available with every cordless phone.

Hi David,

As long as your DECT phone has the ability to perform a hook flash you should be able to perform a consultative transfer.  Instructions should be the same as on a SPA301 phone using the Flash button.  If you want to do a blind transfer you will need a star (*) code to do that (*98).  You can find a list of the star code features in the UC320 Phone User Guide starting on page 70:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-14790

Thanks,

Chris

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Chris,

That's the exact answer I was looking for, can you pleas point me to the UC320 documentation as the booklet that come with the unit is only a few pages long

Again thank you for you reply and to Marcus as well.

Cheers,

David.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi David,

You can find all the documentation by clicking on the Documents tab in this community.  Links to all the admin, user, and SMART Design Guides can be found in this one document:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-14783

Chris