Views
Helpful
Replies

Branch office phones do not download TFTP load UC560

mark
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am having an issue with ip phones on a remote branch.  The branch office phones will not download the tftp load.  I upgraded the phone system to see if that would fix the issue but had no luck.  The branch office is connected via T1 point to point with adtran routers.  I have verified DHCP and the phones are getting the correct IP addresses.  I can ping the TFTP server and ping the phones from the TFTP server IP which is the default 10.1.1.1.  On the debug TFTP events or packets, I can see the phone request the term65.default.load file but it just keeps doing that over and over again.  I also verified that there are no access lists on the routers.  I don't know if TFTP packets are being dropped.  Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

4 Replies 4

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Mark,

Just as an exercise would you consider hard coding into the phone the TFTP address? If you wouldn't mind give that a shot and see if that resolves the problem.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

I hardcoded the tftp server in one of the phones and still have the same issue.  I see the same

thing on the phone system debug tftp events also. I can see the phone requesting the default load but it's like the phone never gets

it.

Hi Mark,

I am curious to know what the TFTP source address is, again just another exercise to fault find.

can you at the command line type the following: "sh telephony-services" and past that here so I can see it.

Although more information would be required anyway it would be good to make sure something does not look out of the ordinary, make sure if there is any sensitive data to remove it.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

David,

The tftp source address is the default of 10.1.1.1.  I found that it seems to be a wan issue, it's like if the point to point connection is blocking tftp traffic somehow.  I fixed the problem with a workaround for now, I just created a local tftp server on a desktop for that branch office and loaded the files the phone needs to boot correctly.  The phones registered to the call manager and all is working fine for now.  Do you know of anyway to allow tftp accroos a T1 point to point.  I believe that is the issue as the phones on the home branch register just fine.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: