cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help setting up a DIAL PLAN for use in the UK

bodgeup
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have just installed an SPA9000 but i am using the standard DIAL PLAN as when i chose localization in the setup wizard i could place any calls at all.

This is what is set as my dial plan: -

(9,[3469]11S0|9,<:1408>[2-9]xxxxxx|9,<:1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxxS0|9,1[2-9]xxxxxxxxxS0|9,011xx.|9,xx.|[1-8]xx)

but this doesn't seem suitable for use in the UK.

I have been OK with most numbers but i have had a few mobile numbers which wont dial they are stopped 3 digits short. Also I have to use Area codes even for local numbers e.g. 0207xxxxxxx i would normally dial 7xxxxxxx but I cannot.

Is there anyone that has an DIAL PLAN they use in Central London i could borrow?

Or can anyone help me create my own? I cannot make heads or tail of the DIAL PLAN instructions in the Manual.

Thanks

JK

2 Replies 2

This article may give a little more insight as to understanding dial plans:

http://blog.cqvoip.net/2010/03/understanding-dial-plans-for-spa2102.html

While that article is not specific to the SPA9000, I believe the fundamentals are the same.

Here are a couple suggestions to try:

- First, try removing all the "S0" entries from the existing plan.  These may not be allowing anything longer than 10 digits from dialing.

- If  you want 0207xxxxxxx to dial as an 8-digit local number, try adding this entry to the plan:  |<:020>7xxxxxxx| . When you stop digit entry after entering an 8-digit sequence that begins with 7, then on time-out it will pre-pend the number with 020 and send the full number as 0207xxxxxxx.

- You can also try adding this string inside the plan:  |xxxxxxxxxxxx.|  This should allow any number of any length to dial through.  (as long as you don't have any "S0" entries to cause immidiate dialing when a shorter dial length is reached).

If you want 0207xxxxxxx to dial as an 8-digit local number, try adding this entry to the plan:  |<:020>7xxxxxxx| .  When you stop digit entry after entering an 8-digit sequence that  begins with 7, then on time-out it will pre-pend the number with 020 and  send the full number as 0207xxxxxxx.

In London you need to be able to dial any and all of 3xxx xxxx, 7xxx xxxx and 8xxx xxxx as local numbers.

All of these come under the single unified London 020 area code that has been in use since April 2000.

To cover your indicated areas, I believe you should be able to  modify   |<:020>7xxxxxxx|  to allow 3, 7, 8 as optional entries  [378], as follows:

|<:020>[378]xxxxxxx|

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: